For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dgallo1986's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 1st, 2016 11:37 PM

Constant disconnections lasting for a few seconds.

Since having switched to At&t Gigapower, there have been times where I would get constant disconnections for a second. This can cause various programs of mine (Steam, Skype, etc.) to keep telling me I disconnected and reconnected within a second or more and even have delays on sending messages. This is even worse when it affects gaming where it would pause or even kick me just for that second disconnection.

On the speed tests it doesn't seem to show an issue or a ping checker of mine showing no spikes.

I have had a tech come by and he found nothing wrong and even gave new equipment.

My PC is less than 90 days old having upgraded it all and has Windows 10.

Edit: I should mention, this doesn't happen 24/7, but it happens often when it starts for a while before ceasing. Currently, it has lasted since 3 pm to nearly 8 pm not having stopped, which is the longest it has ever done.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @dgallo1986,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having. In the past, modem environment has played a huge factor when it comes to internet speeds. Check out this thread, it may help. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

Quick question, 

are you using a router behind the, I assume, NVG599?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Edit: Seems I am not sure how to quote here so had to remove them.

@ATTU-verseCare

The environment is fairly empty. It is just the modem and switch in terms of anything plugged in sitting on a stand. It is the same environment that I had with Comcast and had no issues with them. I am wired and not wireless.

@Wallaby32

Perhaps I am not understanding. Do you mean the model of the modem I am using from AT&T? It is listed as a 5268AC.

In addition to the problem mentioned, about 1-2 times a day I will have periods of 8 minutes-ish long of it being completely out and the Service light will be off during that time until it kicks back on its own.

Done typical things including disconnecting everything and waiting 15-30 minutes (and even longer) with no change.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@dgallo1986   On all Uverse RGs, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems (Internet).

Disable IPv6 in all Uverse RGs info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Equipment/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-certain-sites-after/m-p/3860323#M382

If a 2wire/Pace/Arris RG (3800/3801/5031/5268) click the Go here link at top of the orange globe on the page of the link above.

Make sure to also disable IPv6 in Win local area and wireless connection properties.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have attempted the disabling of the IPv6 and thus far have not had any of the mini-disconnections anymore it seems.

However, I have been noticing something:

640 mb download and 75 upload from using AT&T's speed test (even during off times)

During even when I had the mini disconnections I would have upload about the same as my download speed or even higher. Not sure if disabling IPv6 is relating to this being a lot lower now...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.