For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jmc1950's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 26th, 2015 4:42 AM

5268ac router

To turn off the 5268ac do I unplug it? I want to actually turn it off rather than reset it.

Does the 5268 support Bonjour and can it forward Bonjour packets? 

Note that I have no idea what a Bonjour packet is, but I have been unable to get my iPad to recognize the printer on the same network as the computer, printer, and this router. I'm just following the directions in the troubleshooting guide.

How can I update the firmware for the 5268ac?

This is the last order of business in the troubleshooting guide as everything else now has all the latest software and firmware, and has been restarted at least a gillion times and still the iPad cannot find an AirPrint printer to connect to.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @jmc1950,

We are sorry about the issues you are having with setting up your network, but we will be glad to help. To my knowledge, with Bonjour to work, you just need the devices on the same subnet. Do you have another device, such as an Apple Airport? If so, you just want to make sure all your devices are connected to it. If still having problems, let us know a little more about your setup, and we will be glad to help.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Do not expect help from AT&T, they are clueless. 

Its not working due to the crappy firmware AT&T has put on the RG.   Its blocking traffic between 2.4 and 5ghz WiFi.   

Do this test- put all your wireless devices on the same band, like 2.4.   I will bet it works.  

AT&T FIX YOUR FIRMWARE

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am having a similar problem with AirPrint. I just got the 5268 yesterday and can't print from any of my apple devices. My setup is all my devices are wifi except printer which is wired to RG. I had no problems on old gateway. I also upgraded to the 45 meg that's why the gateway was replaced. Another thing I have noticed is when my phone goes to sleep it keeps dropping wifi and I have to unlock phone before it reconnects even when plugged in. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jay

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I also experienced the AIrPrint issue that your described with the Pace 5268AC.   I called AT&T tech support today, and the tech pushed firmware version 10.5.3.527165-att to my 5268AC.   AirPrint is now working fine for me.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I recently received the 5268AC and it shows 10.5.3.527171-att as the initial and current software version. A factory reset by Holding the reset button for 15 seconds is supposed to download the latest software version - but 10.5.3.527171-att is still my current software version. What phone number should I call to get the updated software version pushed to my 5268AC. Should I request firmware version 10.5.3.527165-att or is there now a newer version I should request?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @MMC2512,

The firmware 10.5.3.527171-att is the current firmware version. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I had the AT&T GigaPower service installed in January 2016.  At that time I had called AT&T at 800-288-2020 and one of their techs pushed version 10.5.3.527171-att to my 5268ac router.  I know that tech support can be hit or miss, but this guy (Leonard) was very knowledgeble and helpful.  The AT&T Gigapower service has been working great (speeds consistently of 850-950Mbps when tested via wired Ethernet connection), so I haven't checked if there may be a newer firmware version.  Airprint also has been working fine.  When I spoke with the tech in January, he indicated that there was not a support web site where AT&T lists the newest firmware version that you could download yourself like many other routers. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Here's a correction to my previous post after I rechecked my notes.  The AT&T tech pushed 10.5.3.527165-att to my router in January 2016 when I called, which fixed the Airprint issue (10.5.3.527157-att had the Airprint issue).  At some point since then, AT&T apparently pushed out 10.5.3.527171-att to my router as that is what is currently shown in router info though I didn't call them (it does not show a release data for the firmware version, so I'm not sure when they pushed it out).  Either way, both the 165 and 171 firmware versions worked fine for me and work with Airprint.   AT&T support - It would be helpful it you could provide us with the date of the firmware release and the errata list of any bugs they may address.  This is standard practice for most router vendors.  On the very positive side, the AT&T fiber-based GigaPower service rocks!...incredible speed and excellent relaibility. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the info.  I am happy with the Pace 5268AC Residential Gateway.  Unfortunately, the best u-verse speed I can get is 18 Mbps Down / 1.5 Mbps Up because of my distance from the node (and probably just as importantly the poor condition of the old overhead phone lines in my area).

I am at about 3000 ft from the node, and finally after over a month of poor line conditions that  were constantly losing connections and futile service calls I have finally got a stable connection provisioned at 22/5.  My connection finally improved after reducing my provisioning from 32/5 and most importantly I finally got a line tech who found the major line problem which was a tree branch that had grown into the the overhead lines resulting in extremely compromised copper connection on my line.

AT&T service was terrible - all the way around including prem techs, line techs, their managers, and telephone customer service.  This combined with the internet speed limitations means my next step is to switch to Time Warner Cable.  I just received an offer in the mail for Time Warner Triple play service at 100 Mbps for $89 which is over $100 cheaper per month than my current pricing for A&T U-verse and 5 times faster with further options to upgrade to even higher Internet speeds compared to AT&T.  Of course this is only a 1 year promotional contract and I can possibly negotiate a similar deal in place of my expired AT&T promotional contract.  Also, I may be able to get a bonded pair connection, but this is dependent on availability which is limited and would require dealing with  further hassles with AT&T customer service and probably struggles to get the second pair conditioned to an acceptable level.  (It already took over a month to get my current line to an acceptable level.)  But, why bother when I will still be severely speed limited and remain reliant on poor service from AT&T if I have problems in the future.

I am lucky to be in an area with more than one service provider option.  Maybe I will reconsider AT&T U-Verse when they offer fiber to the premises in my area which will probably be several years from now.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

8 years ago

I have the same issue of being the furthest residence from the node in my development. I can usually get 24 mps, but often see it drop to 15 mps.

Uverse is making a lot of noise about upgrading their system, but since they can't even do the basic stuff on their latest equipment, like NAT loopback, I'm not holding my breath. Unfortunately, my only other option is Xfinity, and for me, based on customer service, it would be going from bad to worse.

Good luck with your problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.