For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
diggiedog's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 6th, 2011 5:08 AM

is this email from prodigy.net! mail center valid or a scam?

Received the following email from prodigy.net! Mail Center {personal content removed for safety}   Doesn't seem possible that it's valid, it asks for my password!

Due to the congestion in all prodigy.net users and removal of all unused prodigy.net Accounts,

prodigy.net  would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button,

* Username: ..........................  ..........................  

* Password: ................................ ..........................  

* Date of Birth: ............................. ..........................  

* Country Or Territory: ................  .......................... 

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences. 

Warning!!!: Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two days of receiving this warning stands the risk of losing his or her account permanently

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

2.8K Messages

12 years ago

ATT will never ask for this information over email. This is not a legit email, please delete. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanx ShaunMN!  Thought so!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've received the same e-mail, twice, both indicating my account would be shut down in two days (both past). Is there somewhere to forward for investigation?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hey GVanD, what was your account? What service did they perform, If you don' mind me asking?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

for this, and all other questionalble e-mail, and obvious scams, please forward a copy of it (with headers, if possible to the care team, via the information to follow:

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Oh, and @quids1, if you notice, this is a VERY old thread. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

thanks its very useful 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.