For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
dkjarrell's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 12th, 2012 2:48 PM

can login to email on one computer but not the other

I have two Toshiba laptops running Windows 7 Home and IE9 that were purchased at the same time and are as identical as possible.  Both laptops function fine on the Internet using the AT&T wireless router for web browsing, wireless printing, etc.  Only problem is that one laptop will login to AT&T email fine, but after entering the userid and pw, the other returns the message "the information you entered does not match our records. Please reenter your userid and password."  In looking through the forums and support, I see that AT&T is saying they are having login issues, but I have not found a solution.  I do not check the "remember me" box on either computer but choose to enter the id and password for each session.  Is there a local file where the affected computer might be trying to "remember me" because this problem seemed to arise right around the time that the password was changed.   Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

try logging in to www.yahoo.com with your att email and password.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Yes...that works.  Home page has a little bit different format, but I can access the account.  Thanks!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I think it is a phishing site that pops up when you try to log in.

I use the following link that takes me to the secure email login site:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=us

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same problem.  I can login with two of my computers but a third computer I cannot log in.  I went to the yahoo site and I was already logged in, but when I tried to acess my att, it would not let me and it threatened to lock me out of my account so I quit trying.  This is a big problem and I need it to be fixed.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.