Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 13, 2014
5:12:40 PM
View profile
Wondering if this is real?
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 13, 2014 at 9:22:32 PM

I received this E-Mail: I do not know why!  I have not sent anything that would cause me to get this. I fear that this is a crook or a mistake.  Does any one know if this is real?

Yahoo!  

Dear Customer,

Recent account activity has raised security concerns on your email. Your email would be blocked and suspended if not confirmed withing 24hours, kindly resolve this issue by following the link below.

[edited - removed link to fraudulent website]

We've taken this precaution to protect our server from getting blacklisted with spam activities while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm--even unintentionally.

Y! Team

I received this E-Mail: I do not know why!  I have not sent anything that would cause me to get this. I fear that this is a crook or a mistake.  Does any one know if this is real?

Yahoo!  

Dear Customer,

Recent account activity has raised security concerns on your email. Your email would be blocked and suspended if not confirmed withing 24hours, kindly resolve this issue by following the link below.

[edited - removed link to fraudulent website]

We've taken this precaution to protect our server from getting blacklisted with spam activities while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm--even unintentionally.

Y! Team

Wondering if this is real?

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 10:44:08 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @downtown90 

No, it's definitely not real or legitimate. Ignore it, or even better, add it to your block list.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @downtown90 

No, it's definitely not real or legitimate. Ignore it, or even better, add it to your block list.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Wondering if this is real?

2 of 2 (73 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments