Protect yourself online
d7green's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 1:09 PM

Why am I being asked to add Yahoo as an application for mailto links?

This new interface is ugly and confusing. Why am I being asked now to add Yahoo as an application for mailto links, and what does that mean?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@d7green@  wrote:

This new interface is ugly and confusing. Why am I being asked now to add Yahoo as an application for mailto links, and what does that mean?

It's not as nefarious as it seems. Basically what it is asking is, when you click on a link on a website to send email to someone, do you want to automatically bring up Yahoo web mail so you can send the email.

If you currently use a third party email program/client like Outlook, Windows Mail, Opera, Thunderbird, etc, just say no to the prompt. There may be a check box to tell it not to ask again.

If you decide to try it, reversing your choice can be done (in Windows Vista/7/8) by going to:

Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Default Programs -> Set Default Programs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.