Protect yourself online
SmileAmI's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 4:27 PM

What happened to "Notepad"?

So sorry.  I am new to this. The site is not too user friendly when it comes to what you can choose in terms of U-Verse technical support, or maybe I'm not sure what to choose given the few choices they give you to choose from in terms of what your problem might be.  Okay, so I have U-Verse Internet, which I access my email on my PC.  When I open my mail, I can see my emails on the right, and on the left is where you see your folders, at least that is what I see when I open my AT&T (Yahoo!) Mail.  These folders are labeled "Inbox", "Conversations','Drafts','Sent',' Spam', & "Drafts."  Below that I see "Folders" with a down arrow.  This is where I can add folders to save all my different emails in.  Below that I see the title "Applications" with a down arrow and a "Add or remove apps" icon.  Below that, I see tiltles like, "Attach Large Files", "Attachments",'Automatic Organizer","Calendar", "Flickr","Photos", and "Send us feedback."  In that section, if you open your email through AT&T (Yahoo!) Mail, there used to be an "App" called "Notepad," which I am referring to.  You would click on it to open it.  You could then make a file with whatever you wanted like a WORD file, and save it by giving it a file name.  I was like the Notepad app that is a Windows based application, but was found and used here.  It was there a couple of weeks or so ago, because I use it fairly often.  When I wanted to access it last week, it was gone.  I looked to see if I inadvertently moved it into another Folder, or if I accidently deleted it, which I know I did not do.  I checked the "Add or remove apps" section, and there is nothing there that shows anything about it either.  Does that help?  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I do not remember anything about a "Cloud" type folder called Notepad. What you are thinking of, is the "Cloud" folder called Attachments, which you saves attachments that you have sent in emails.

The item you are talking about, was a Widget, which was discontinued back in 2011. See the following: http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/yahoo-notepad

I did some digging, which you could have done through a search, and found what you are talking about http://notepad.yahoo.com/  It is still there, just was never a part of the email applications section.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hey, guess what?  I finally figured it out.  If I go back to Mail Classic, Notepad is there.  The newer version did take it out.  Thought you might like to know.  Thanks anyways for your help.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

SmileAmI - You are using a browser to access the e-mail where you are describing the location of the missing notepad.

I signed on to my att mail via a browser & find it to be exactly as you described - No notepad.

I thought I remembered that one could set up a home page & add various apps to that. But, it appears that is no longer available.

I am not familiar with the att mail accessed via a browser because I did not like it when I first saw it. Looking at it now, I believe it has only gotten worse.

I use gmail instead and macmail to access it instead of a browser. This just provides mail - no added junk.

I looked at gmail via the browser & see that it has a notes app at the top of the list of functions (like the one you described).

If you cannot find another notepad(stand alone) to use, you can open a free gmail account. From that account, download all your att stuff. In the att account settings, set it to forward mail to the new gmail account .

Then acces the gmail via your browser to do your mail and your notes, just as you are used to doing.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, but it was part of the email. I have been using it for years through my email just where I said it was. I do appreciate your reply though. When you say if I would have done a search, I did. Where and how did you search for it? I clicked on your hyperlink and bam, there it was . So grateful, but I guess I need to learn a bit more; so if you can teach me what you did, I will learn. Thank you so very, very much.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

11 years ago

Capture.gif

1 Attachment

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

11 years ago

Is this what you are talking about?  ^^^^^^^^^^

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

11 years ago

Good, glad you got if figured out.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I have been using AT&T Yahoo Mail Classic which had notepad readily available when you opened your email page. It was an icon near the top of your email window and all you had to do to access notepad was click on the icon labeled notepad and you were golden.

Two days ago I got forced to switch from AT&T Yahoo Mail Classic to their new version and was told I could not switch back to mail classic.

I have always used the notepad feature and found it very convenient to have a place to keep my notes which I was able to access from any computer. The New AT&T Yahoo Mail did not have the notepad icon anymore and I went into a panic thinking all my notes were erased with this new version.

I called AT&T tech support and although they were able to get the notepad app to appear on the lower left section under the Application setting it would only display one tiny line of information that looked liked it was font size 3 which I could not read.

After spending (2) hours on the phone with tech support with them taking control of my mouse remotely and not having any luck getting notepad to display in a legible format we got cut off.

Rather than calling them back and starting the whole process with someone new I decided to research the problem on my own.

I found a link to the AT&T Yahoo notepad app and it opened in full page glory with all my previous notes and folders intact. I then added this notepad page to my favorites tool bar and now I can access AT&T Yahoo Notepad directly from the favorites toolbar and do not have to access it from my AT&T Yahoo mail page. This now enables me to view AT&T Yahoo Notepad anytime I want even if I am not on my yahoo mail page. I am using IE8 as my browser.

I was able to access notepad from Firefox and Google Chrome from my AT&T Yahoo Mail page but they were also very tiny even though on these browsers there were some adjustments available. It would be very tedious to use the notepad feature within your AT&T Yahoo Mail on these other browsers.

My fix was to add the AT&T Yahoo Notepad to my favorites toolbar on IE8 and view it full page bypassing the NEW AT&T Yahoo Mail completely.

You can find AT&T Yahoo Notepad here...

notepad.yahoo.com

After logging into your account you should be go to go. Hope this helps.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I had bookmarked my yahoo notepad in favorites.  It disappeared from my yahoo mail page, but I could still access it thru bookmarks.  Now I get either a security message I don't understand - but proceeded to go to the site where I get a calendar instead - or, I get a message to upgrade my browser to IE8 which I already have.  No notepad, only calendar.  No way to directly access.

The arrogance of discontinuing something that held info is astounding.  I believe my notes are gone forever.  Good job, ATT Yahoo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.