Protect yourself online
teffertoes's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 11:25 PM

Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am unable to merge my Yahoo account with the att acct.  My Yahoo email account is sending out spam and I have been unable to change the password.  I have followed all of the instructions and the only change is to the Att password.  I try to merge the accounts but Att does not recognize the yahoo mail. I am to the point that I just want to cancel the yahoo account but cannot do that either.  HELP

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same with me!  I deleted my sbc email from the att.com site, and now att says my account is no longer active but there is NO "unmerge" button to be found on Yahoo email!!  I cannot change my password on my Yahoo account because it keeps redirecting me back to ATT even though I haven't had an account with ATT for two years, and I deleted my ATT email.  Please help!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

based on this thread, i logged into att.com site with my sbglobal id. I had the "delete account" option. I deleted my account. Then, about 2 minutes later, logged into my Yahoo Mail. I got the "unmerge" option and, voila, my yahoo account is now free of ATT! Yay!

Thanks to this thread/group again!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

what happened - was your yahoo email stil intact?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I need help in unmerging my yahoo email with the sbcglobal.net email.

It has been sending spam.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Had the same issue. Spent almost an hour to 3 different support persons at ATT. Finally the 3rd person seemed to know what she was talking about and gave me the new Web Assistance Dept phone  They're closed now so I'll have to try again tomorrow. Frustrating to say the least. First 2 support persons had no clue how to get this done. Like previous postings one kept telling me it was Yahoo and told me how she changed her personal Yahoo password. I kept telling her I kept being directed to ATT.com when following her suggestion. She probably thought I was crazy, promised me to direct me to her manager but disconnected. I'll update later whether I'm successful with this new number or not.

[non-published phone number removed]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

spent about 6 hours with at&t and yahoo.  the first att person told me to delete my sbcglobal acct and that it woulf not effect my yahoo..  Since then I have not been able to get my yahoo email (20 years of it).  The first person gave me the wrong information and both side are telling me my email cannot be accessed.  My logon is recognized but the mail cannot be accessed because the accoubt were never unmerged.  I get and error about edit.client.yahoo.com which has something to d with SBC.  Yahoo cannot access my emailbecuse att never unmerged it.  att says it's gone forever.

If anyone has any magic solutions, i'd appreciate it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever get it fixed?  I just got booted out of yahoo tonight and they are saying I need a 3 digit code from an old DSL bill to log back in to yahoo to reset my password.  Who would even have that info after at least 10 years of canceling DSL?  And I've NEVER had an sbcglobal.net account and somehow I'm told I do but customer service can't help me with that password either.  This is total crap!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

It's really weird to merge yahoo mail to att mail, merging causes alot of hassle for att  users to managing yahoo mail,  I followed the instruction to delete att.net mail from att support site but I can do nothing because there is no "Delete Email" link under the User Information. Anyone know how to unemerge yahoo mail from att.net mail? All help would be appreciate  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi Julie, I tried to unmerge my account and the delete email option is not on the page. Can you help? What should I do now?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.