Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 5, 2010
4:25:09 PM
View profile
Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Accepted Solution

Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

77 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(77)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2013 8:03:51 AM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by josypaulose on Mar 25, 2013 at 8:04:29 AM

Did your issue get resolved ? I am having the same problem. We discontinued the ATT DSl account years ago. And I lost access to my yahoo account last week.  ATT support person is saying they cann't help me because I am nolonger their customer.

Did your issue get resolved ? I am having the same problem. We discontinued the ATT DSl account years ago. And I lost access to my yahoo account last week.  ATT support person is saying they cann't help me because I am nolonger their customer.

Re: Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

[ Edited ]
31 of 78 (10,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2013 9:28:47 AM
(0)
Voyager

I've been talking to AT&T and Yahoo for 2 days and they can't agree on how to unmerge my yahoo email with my ATT account (an old SBCGLOBAL account). I'm tired of the "it's the other guy who has to fix it".

How do you reach a "level 2" or knowledgeable person at ATT?

Is there a way to unmerge it myself?

I've been talking to AT&T and Yahoo for 2 days and they can't agree on how to unmerge my yahoo email with my ATT account (an old SBCGLOBAL account). I'm tired of the "it's the other guy who has to fix it".

How do you reach a "level 2" or knowledgeable person at ATT?

Is there a way to unmerge it myself?

32 of 78 (10,413 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2013 5:55:35 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jasonwilliams123 on Apr 7, 2013 at 5:59:25 AM

Sadly the delete account solution no longer works.  It must have been too helpful so ATT removed the Delete Account option from the Profile page.

Shouldn't there be something illegal about them merging my yahoo account to my att.net account in the first place?  Idon't remember giving any explicit approval or okay to do so.  If ATT ever has to repay customers for all the time they've wasted trying to get help with phone, internet and wireless support, tehy will be out of business the next day.

Sadly the delete account solution no longer works.  It must have been too helpful so ATT removed the Delete Account option from the Profile page.

Shouldn't there be something illegal about them merging my yahoo account to my att.net account in the first place?  Idon't remember giving any explicit approval or okay to do so.  If ATT ever has to repay customers for all the time they've wasted trying to get help with phone, internet and wireless support, tehy will be out of business the next day.

[ Edited ]
33 of 78 (10,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 12:47:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried this and was able to delete my .att account, but yahoo still recognizes it as merged.  I signed out and closed my browser and everything but it still doesn't seem to be updating.  Any thoughts?

I tried this and was able to delete my .att account, but yahoo still recognizes it as merged.  I signed out and closed my browser and everything but it still doesn't seem to be updating.  Any thoughts?

34 of 78 (10,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 1:40:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

I found out what happened to Alex: http://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Unmerging-Yahoo-amp-AT-amp-T-email-accounts/td-p/20....  Apparently he moved to a different role, but someone else is taking over for him.  I'm going to try private messaging her and see if that turns out to be helpful.  Fingers crossed!

I found out what happened to Alex: http://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Unmerging-Yahoo-amp-AT-amp-T-email-accounts/td-p/2013353.  Apparently he moved to a different role, but someone else is taking over for him.  I'm going to try private messaging her and see if that turns out to be helpful.  Fingers crossed!

35 of 78 (10,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 11:06:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
To answer your question in short, yes your yahoo id will remain the same and your sbcglobal e-mails will remain in your yahoo id.

...now as far as my dilemma. I should not have unmerged my accounts. Beware, once you unmerge there is NO turning back. I have been trying to figure out how I can get my sbcglobal account back as many contacts know me by this e-mail. I wasn't aware that unmerging meant losing your sbcglobal account. Be aware of this as there is NO turning back. And if you do find a solution to remerge the sbcglobal account, please please please let me know!
To answer your question in short, yes your yahoo id will remain the same and your sbcglobal e-mails will remain in your yahoo id.

...now as far as my dilemma. I should not have unmerged my accounts. Beware, once you unmerge there is NO turning back. I have been trying to figure out how I can get my sbcglobal account back as many contacts know me by this e-mail. I wasn't aware that unmerging meant losing your sbcglobal account. Be aware of this as there is NO turning back. And if you do find a solution to remerge the sbcglobal account, please please please let me know!

36 of 78 (10,364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 11:08:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

Any luck on a new contact for fixing the unmerging problem?

Any luck on a new contact for fixing the unmerging problem?

37 of 78 (10,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2013 12:11:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
I just completed a move from Comcast to here and realized that as competition heats up home ISP accounts will be in-and-out of existence. Your SBCGlobal account does not exist if you are not a subscriber to its service. I changed addresses for EVERYthing I want to keep coming from the Comcast to a more permanent Hotmail account. Now, no matter who provides my home internet connection, my reliance on their email will be minimal; used, really, mainly for "throwaway" communications. (I got the Hotmail account in the middle 1990s, when it was owned and operated by Hotmail, years before Microsoft bought it, so I am probably lucky in that regard.) Based on some contacts of mine, there are apparently still some decent free email accounts still out there. Several years ago I tried to open a second Hotmail account for my students to use and it seemed as though Microsoft has many barriers to opening a free Hotmail account. Since they've moved even Hotmail to an Outlook Mail server, maybe they have or will soon become more inviting for those seeking to sign up. My all-time back-up (which will keep emails stored on my computer forever, long after I have left the provider or the provider has left me) is Thunderbird (Mozilla). I have it copy files from Hotmail, my college's email, and "Home," the name I have given to whatever company is my hope internet service provider. I also have, in addition to the new ATT.net account, a GMail and Yahoo account, neither of which I have set up in Thunderbird. (The real reason I am in this section now is I really want to be able to have both Yahoo and ATT open separately, but after a few minutes ATT announces it will un-log me into Yahoo Mail AND close the whole window! — But I'll look for or start a thread on this issue.)

The short point: do not get dependent on ANY email service, and especially not on the one supplied by your ISP.
I just completed a move from Comcast to here and realized that as competition heats up home ISP accounts will be in-and-out of existence. Your SBCGlobal account does not exist if you are not a subscriber to its service. I changed addresses for EVERYthing I want to keep coming from the Comcast to a more permanent Hotmail account. Now, no matter who provides my home internet connection, my reliance on their email will be minimal; used, really, mainly for "throwaway" communications. (I got the Hotmail account in the middle 1990s, when it was owned and operated by Hotmail, years before Microsoft bought it, so I am probably lucky in that regard.) Based on some contacts of mine, there are apparently still some decent free email accounts still out there. Several years ago I tried to open a second Hotmail account for my students to use and it seemed as though Microsoft has many barriers to opening a free Hotmail account. Since they've moved even Hotmail to an Outlook Mail server, maybe they have or will soon become more inviting for those seeking to sign up. My all-time back-up (which will keep emails stored on my computer forever, long after I have left the provider or the provider has left me) is Thunderbird (Mozilla). I have it copy files from Hotmail, my college's email, and "Home," the name I have given to whatever company is my hope internet service provider. I also have, in addition to the new ATT.net account, a GMail and Yahoo account, neither of which I have set up in Thunderbird. (The real reason I am in this section now is I really want to be able to have both Yahoo and ATT open separately, but after a few minutes ATT announces it will un-log me into Yahoo Mail AND close the whole window! — But I'll look for or start a thread on this issue.)

The short point: do not get dependent on ANY email service, and especially not on the one supplied by your ISP.

38 of 78 (10,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2013 2:43:27 PM
(0)
Voyager

I just unmerged my account and it worked as promised in this article:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB418183#fbid=uYLuWdIg4Da

I just unmerged my account and it worked as promised in this article:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB418183#fbid=uYLuWdIg4Da

39 of 78 (9,942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 11:36:13 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Aug 20, 2013 at 6:09:22 AM

I am also facing the same issues over unmerging the mail security...What are the other alternatives method to debug it? So I can fix it my best level..I am also checking some {commercial link removed}

I am also facing the same issues over unmerging the mail security...What are the other alternatives method to debug it? So I can fix it my best level..I am also checking some {commercial link removed}

[ Edited ]
40 of 78 (9,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 4:49:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

The accepted solution didn't work for me because there was no Delete Email link and the Delete Account link didn't seem to do anything. After many calls, I finally got routed to

Web Assistance Center

877-267-2988

And, after some verification, checking with a manager etc... viola! They deleted my sbcglobal.net email and I re-logged in to pure Yahoo!

The accepted solution didn't work for me because there was no Delete Email link and the Delete Account link didn't seem to do anything. After many calls, I finally got routed to

Web Assistance Center

877-267-2988

And, after some verification, checking with a manager etc... viola! They deleted my sbcglobal.net email and I re-logged in to pure Yahoo!

41 of 78 (9,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 9:53:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Having the same exact problem. I can't unmerge the emails because I can't login to my sbcglobal.net email which says is "inactive".  Catch 22 and stuck. I have called so many different departments even have been referred to billing where I was waiting for 1 hour to speak with someone only to be told they can't help me without an account number (which I don't have since I cancelled the service 6 years ago!!)

Anybody able to unmerge your yahoo and AT&T emails even if your AT&T email is in the INACTIVE state?!?

Having the same exact problem. I can't unmerge the emails because I can't login to my sbcglobal.net email which says is "inactive".  Catch 22 and stuck. I have called so many different departments even have been referred to billing where I was waiting for 1 hour to speak with someone only to be told they can't help me without an account number (which I don't have since I cancelled the service 6 years ago!!)

Anybody able to unmerge your yahoo and AT&T emails even if your AT&T email is in the INACTIVE state?!?

42 of 78 (8,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 9:57:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
Wendybo...did you ever solve your problem? I have the same exact problem. Thanks
Wendybo...did you ever solve your problem? I have the same exact problem. Thanks

43 of 78 (8,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 5:17:28 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 8, 2014 at 8:41:10 PM

Hi -

Was able to get this unlinked by calling this number 877-*** -  It is a Uverse department, but they figured it out for me and helped me out - called me back 5 days later to solve it. Awesome.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Hi -

Was able to get this unlinked by calling this number 877-*** -  It is a Uverse department, but they figured it out for me and helped me out - called me back 5 days later to solve it. Awesome.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
44 of 78 (8,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 3:19:34 PM
(0)
Mentor
Did these problems with linkage and unlinkage arise because users did something to intentionally link their ATT and Yahoo email accounts or is this something that "just happens" when a user has both an ATT email account and a Yahoo email account?
Did these problems with linkage and unlinkage arise because users did something to intentionally link their ATT and Yahoo email accounts or is this something that "just happens" when a user has both an ATT email account and a Yahoo email account?

45 of 78 (8,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 1:08:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

This thread almost helped me.  My desire is apparently the opposite of those expressed in this forum: I have had nothing but problems with email since the ATT/Yahoo blunder (oops, I mean merger).  The latest and on-going is none of my incoming mail comes to the Inbox.  It immediately goes to the trash folder.

Oddly, this does NOT happen in my Windows Live Mail--which I never use but have kept it operating as a safety feature.  More than once I was unable to even find an email in my ATT/Ya-crap files, but I could find it in Live Mail.

Oddly, just now, at 2:41 pm, an email DID come in to the  Inbox.  However, the last previous email one hour earlier exactly, and all previous emails went directly to Trash.

Even more oddly, I note just now that one newer email came in, but bumped the previous one to Trash! What, now my Inbox has room for only one email at a time, if that??

Searching ATT Support, among the pages viewed is one at att.com (NOT .net) instructs "To verify email client settings for AT&T email", to open my email client program, then "click on Help", then "select About" which supposedly then brings up a wndow displaying my current email program name & version.  Well, shucks, maybe it does for some folks, but 1) there is NO "help" link visible on my email home page, 2) clicking the settings icon--which of course one must first realize IS the "settings" link, there is indeed a "help" link, but 3) it is NO help, because there ain't no "About" button or link --but there is an "About AT&T" link in the top bar, but that is about ATT the company and all their oh-so-wonderful things ATT does for (or to?) us, and proudlly displays a JD Powers award for "Highest Ranked Customer Service..."!  NOT!

I sincerely hope that a CM (COMMUNITY MANAGER) or senior forum monitor out there reads this and responds.  My over-riding desire here is to UNMERGE from Yahoo, delete any  Yahoo user account they may have for me, as I NEVER use nor will use them, and get back to the simple, ATT only email account I used to have before this Yahoo boondoggle.

Meanwhile, it would be  nice to simply have ANY email arrive in my inbox as it should.

This thread almost helped me.  My desire is apparently the opposite of those expressed in this forum: I have had nothing but problems with email since the ATT/Yahoo blunder (oops, I mean merger).  The latest and on-going is none of my incoming mail comes to the Inbox.  It immediately goes to the trash folder.

Oddly, this does NOT happen in my Windows Live Mail--which I never use but have kept it operating as a safety feature.  More than once I was unable to even find an email in my ATT/Ya-crap files, but I could find it in Live Mail.

Oddly, just now, at 2:41 pm, an email DID come in to the  Inbox.  However, the last previous email one hour earlier exactly, and all previous emails went directly to Trash.

Even more oddly, I note just now that one newer email came in, but bumped the previous one to Trash! What, now my Inbox has room for only one email at a time, if that??

Searching ATT Support, among the pages viewed is one at att.com (NOT .net) instructs "To verify email client settings for AT&T email", to open my email client program, then "click on Help", then "select About" which supposedly then brings up a wndow displaying my current email program name & version.  Well, shucks, maybe it does for some folks, but 1) there is NO "help" link visible on my email home page, 2) clicking the settings icon--which of course one must first realize IS the "settings" link, there is indeed a "help" link, but 3) it is NO help, because there ain't no "About" button or link --but there is an "About AT&T" link in the top bar, but that is about ATT the company and all their oh-so-wonderful things ATT does for (or to?) us, and proudlly displays a JD Powers award for "Highest Ranked Customer Service..."!  NOT!

I sincerely hope that a CM (COMMUNITY MANAGER) or senior forum monitor out there reads this and responds.  My over-riding desire here is to UNMERGE from Yahoo, delete any  Yahoo user account they may have for me, as I NEVER use nor will use them, and get back to the simple, ATT only email account I used to have before this Yahoo boondoggle.

Meanwhile, it would be  nice to simply have ANY email arrive in my inbox as it should.

Re: Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts--Keep ATT but dump Yahoo

46 of 78 (8,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 1:35:54 PM
(0)
Tutor
Quick follow-up: got the email working by clearing my browser cache. Simple, huh? I didn't know that could be a problem, and I did find the solution given in an ATT help video--after page after page of circuitously looking for email help.
I still want to UNMERGE from Yahoo!
Quick follow-up: got the email working by clearing my browser cache. Simple, huh? I didn't know that could be a problem, and I did find the solution given in an ATT help video--after page after page of circuitously looking for email help.
I still want to UNMERGE from Yahoo!

47 of 78 (8,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 1:40:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
spoke too soon. As soon as I clicked to refresh my inbox, the emails disappeared (found them in Trash). Crap!
spoke too soon. As soon as I clicked to refresh my inbox, the emails disappeared (found them in Trash). Crap!

48 of 78 (8,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 11:26:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

If you unmerge your account so it is no longer att(sbcglobal) do you lose all your disposable addresses? I use these big time depending on what I am doing on the web.

If you unmerge your account so it is no longer att(sbcglobal) do you lose all your disposable addresses? I use these big time depending on what I am doing on the web.

49 of 78 (8,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 11:59:02 AM
(0)
Contributor

Uggh, I have been on the phone this whole day trying to get this sorted out. Apparently the sbcglobal.net account merged with my yahoo account is suspended. I have talked to AT&T Digital Services, they transferred me to DSL tech support, they transferred me to dial-up tech support. All gave me the same reply, this is a free account and can not be serviced by us, go to att.com/freememberid.

I am a paying yahoo customer (yahoo small business domain) and even they could not help me. Really all that I want to do is delete my sbcglobal.net account but no one it seems is capable of doing that. All roads lead back to, "You can go to support.att.com/freememberid."

Uggh, I have been on the phone this whole day trying to get this sorted out. Apparently the sbcglobal.net account merged with my yahoo account is suspended. I have talked to AT&T Digital Services, they transferred me to DSL tech support, they transferred me to dial-up tech support. All gave me the same reply, this is a free account and can not be serviced by us, go to att.com/freememberid.

I am a paying yahoo customer (yahoo small business domain) and even they could not help me. Really all that I want to do is delete my sbcglobal.net account but no one it seems is capable of doing that. All roads lead back to, "You can go to support.att.com/freememberid."

50 of 78 (8,219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 2:39:26 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @sanpan,

We have received your message an look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @sanpan,

We have received your message an look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

51 of 78 (8,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 12:39:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am unable to merge my Yahoo account with the att acct.  My Yahoo email account is sending out spam and I have been unable to change the password.  I have followed all of the instructions and the only change is to the Att password.  I try to merge the accounts but Att does not recognize the yahoo mail. I am to the point that I just want to cancel the yahoo account but cannot do that either.  HELP

I am unable to merge my Yahoo account with the att acct.  My Yahoo email account is sending out spam and I have been unable to change the password.  I have followed all of the instructions and the only change is to the Att password.  I try to merge the accounts but Att does not recognize the yahoo mail. I am to the point that I just want to cancel the yahoo account but cannot do that either.  HELP

52 of 78 (8,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 6:03:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same with me!  I deleted my sbc email from the att.com site, and now att says my account is no longer active but there is NO "unmerge" button to be found on Yahoo email!!  I cannot change my password on my Yahoo account because it keeps redirecting me back to ATT even though I haven't had an account with ATT for two years, and I deleted my ATT email.  Please help!!

Same with me!  I deleted my sbc email from the att.com site, and now att says my account is no longer active but there is NO "unmerge" button to be found on Yahoo email!!  I cannot change my password on my Yahoo account because it keeps redirecting me back to ATT even though I haven't had an account with ATT for two years, and I deleted my ATT email.  Please help!!

53 of 78 (7,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 3:48:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

based on this thread, i logged into att.com site with my sbglobal id. I had the "delete account" option. I deleted my account. Then, about 2 minutes later, logged into my Yahoo Mail. I got the "unmerge" option and, voila, my yahoo account is now free of ATT! Yay!

Thanks to this thread/group again!

based on this thread, i logged into att.com site with my sbglobal id. I had the "delete account" option. I deleted my account. Then, about 2 minutes later, logged into my Yahoo Mail. I got the "unmerge" option and, voila, my yahoo account is now free of ATT! Yay!

Thanks to this thread/group again!

54 of 78 (7,723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2014 8:27:26 AM
(0)
Contributor
what happened - was your yahoo email stil intact?
what happened - was your yahoo email stil intact?

55 of 78 (7,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2014 12:26:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I need help in unmerging my yahoo email with the sbcglobal.net email.

It has been sending spam.

I need help in unmerging my yahoo email with the sbcglobal.net email.

It has been sending spam.

56 of 78 (7,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2014 7:54:54 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 29, 2014 at 9:17:20 PM

Had the same issue. Spent almost an hour to 3 different support persons at ATT. Finally the 3rd person seemed to know what she was talking about and gave me the new Web Assistance Dept phone  They're closed now so I'll have to try again tomorrow. Frustrating to say the least. First 2 support persons had no clue how to get this done. Like previous postings one kept telling me it was Yahoo and told me how she changed her personal Yahoo password. I kept telling her I kept being directed to ATT.com when following her suggestion. She probably thought I was crazy, promised me to direct me to her manager but disconnected. I'll update later whether I'm successful with this new number or not.

[non-published phone number removed]

Had the same issue. Spent almost an hour to 3 different support persons at ATT. Finally the 3rd person seemed to know what she was talking about and gave me the new Web Assistance Dept phone  They're closed now so I'll have to try again tomorrow. Frustrating to say the least. First 2 support persons had no clue how to get this done. Like previous postings one kept telling me it was Yahoo and told me how she changed her personal Yahoo password. I kept telling her I kept being directed to ATT.com when following her suggestion. She probably thought I was crazy, promised me to direct me to her manager but disconnected. I'll update later whether I'm successful with this new number or not.

[non-published phone number removed]

[ Edited ]
57 of 78 (7,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2014 9:34:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

spent about 6 hours with at&t and yahoo.  the first att person told me to delete my sbcglobal acct and that it woulf not effect my yahoo..  Since then I have not been able to get my yahoo email (20 years of it).  The first person gave me the wrong information and both side are telling me my email cannot be accessed.  My logon is recognized but the mail cannot be accessed because the accoubt were never unmerged.  I get and error about edit.client.yahoo.com which has something to d with SBC.  Yahoo cannot access my emailbecuse att never unmerged it.  att says it's gone forever.

If anyone has any magic solutions, i'd appreciate it.

spent about 6 hours with at&t and yahoo.  the first att person told me to delete my sbcglobal acct and that it woulf not effect my yahoo..  Since then I have not been able to get my yahoo email (20 years of it).  The first person gave me the wrong information and both side are telling me my email cannot be accessed.  My logon is recognized but the mail cannot be accessed because the accoubt were never unmerged.  I get and error about edit.client.yahoo.com which has something to d with SBC.  Yahoo cannot access my emailbecuse att never unmerged it.  att says it's gone forever.

If anyone has any magic solutions, i'd appreciate it.

58 of 78 (7,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 10:41:19 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by screwthiscrap on Aug 18, 2014 at 10:53:16 PM

I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever get it fixed?  I just got booted out of yahoo tonight and they are saying I need a 3 digit code from an old DSL bill to log back in to yahoo to reset my password.  Who would even have that info after at least 10 years of canceling DSL?  And I've NEVER had an sbcglobal.net account and somehow I'm told I do but customer service can't help me with that password either.  This is total crap!

I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever get it fixed?  I just got booted out of yahoo tonight and they are saying I need a 3 digit code from an old DSL bill to log back in to yahoo to reset my password.  Who would even have that info after at least 10 years of canceling DSL?  And I've NEVER had an sbcglobal.net account and somehow I'm told I do but customer service can't help me with that password either.  This is total crap!

[ Edited ]
59 of 78 (7,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2014 3:53:33 PM
(0)
Voyager

It's really weird to merge yahoo mail to att mail, merging causes alot of hassle for att  users to managing yahoo mail,  I followed the instruction to delete att.net mail from att support site but I can do nothing because there is no "Delete Email" link under the User Information. Anyone know how to unemerge yahoo mail from att.net mail? All help would be appreciate  

It's really weird to merge yahoo mail to att mail, merging causes alot of hassle for att  users to managing yahoo mail,  I followed the instruction to delete att.net mail from att support site but I can do nothing because there is no "Delete Email" link under the User Information. Anyone know how to unemerge yahoo mail from att.net mail? All help would be appreciate  

60 of 78 (6,907 Views)