Protect yourself online
kcoupland's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 4:58 PM

Closed

Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Everytime I sign on to Firefox my personal homepage does not display because it says I am not logged on.  I signon and click on 'keep me logged in for 2 weeks' and when I close my browser and reopen it, it does not maintain my id and pw and requires me to sign on again.  I sign on and off daily a hundred times and I wish to have my password remain for 2 weeks.  I cleared cookies and that didn't help.  I researched but cannot find any ATT phone number for email techincal support.  Any advice?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

e-mail: does not want to stay "signed on for two weeks"

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@VAUTOUR 110 wrote:

I am an IE9 Vista fully updated to the very latest. Am having the exact same problems: The Stay logged-in 2 weeks no longer works. Suspect it has to do with the new ATT-Yahoo webmail and the many losses of Internet connections that have been occurring since its intoduction. Cannot retain an internet connection for more than 1-5 minutes. Most of the time I can regain a connection by doing repeated refreshes and the clicking of the Home icon. But doing that causes the loss of my draft message I was in the midst of!

Reason I suspect a relation with the new ATT webmail is, that the losses of connections happen abruptly and vulgarily, such that this wild behavior can be interpreted by the webmail module as an automatic Logoff request (Auto-Log-off) as the internet connection suddenly cuts-out. Such an Auto Log-off would indeed require a user to re-log-in repeatedly as is my case. I have never had such bad experience with Internet. It began with the introduction of the ATT-Yahoo new webmail of July-Aug of 2013. I would very gladly return to the old webmail system - there I was able to work sustained, never having a loss of Internet. I know it's a loss of Internet bc I am getting all these numerous "Temporary errors, Errors 2" in all their varieties. A "Temp error" isn't just an erratic one. It is an intelligent notification by an ATT server who has recognized a loss of connectivity. Perhaps it translates into Auto-Log-Off's...requiring Re-Log-in's...

Well, first off the The ATT/Yahoo website changes would have no bearing on you "Internet Connection". Connection drop-outs are a caused by your modem and/or your inside/outside wiring. A connection drop-out would also cause web page resets/refreshes.

That being said, when you click the "Keep Me Logged In", the website puts a cookie on your computer so the website recognizes you (your computer) and does not make you sign in again the next time you visit the website.

There's two problems with that scenario:

• If you have your browser and/or security software configured to reject (or delete) most cookies, the website can no longer recognize that you (your computer) has already signed in.
  • If you allow the cookies on your computer, and then get infected with some malware, that malware can steal that cookie. With that cookie, another person has free access to your account.

Do your self a favor and just take the extra 5 seconds to sign in each time you visit the site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Problem mysteriously solved in mid-October 2013 at all my PC's!

Turned-on my PC one AM and found that I had remained signed-in from B4. No problem remaining signed-in since! Did nothing!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I use chrome and have the same log in problem of having to sign in every time I access my att yahoo email.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Very sad that this issue still exists without any resolution by Yahoo/AT&T Auto logging off and having to sign on almost with each search selection. Come on AT&T/Yahoo get this fixed.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Yes, still happening. Now it's 2020 and still broken. Been having this issue for the last week. Every browser, every operating system.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the idetical proble. My browser Firefox is at the latest level. Attila2560

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

It appears that a lot of us are having this issue. Hopefully there are a lot of "squeaky wheels" as nothing else will get their attention. Since it's an old issue that's come back to haunt us, maybe they can get the fix out sooner rather than later. It's causing me lots of problems for certain.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the identical problem. Firefox is at the latest level.

Attila2560

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Here we are at an eight year old thread, and the same problem is arising. Yahoo will not honor the "Stay Logged in for Two Weeks." Now it's 2020 with the same problems as 2012.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.