Protect yourself online
kcoupland's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 4:58 PM

Closed

Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Everytime I sign on to Firefox my personal homepage does not display because it says I am not logged on.  I signon and click on 'keep me logged in for 2 weeks' and when I close my browser and reopen it, it does not maintain my id and pw and requires me to sign on again.  I sign on and off daily a hundred times and I wish to have my password remain for 2 weeks.  I cleared cookies and that didn't help.  I researched but cannot find any ATT phone number for email techincal support.  Any advice?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

e-mail: does not want to stay "signed on for two weeks"

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Hi there - it has been escalated and the production team is researching, as I noted above. 

As soon as I have an update, I'll definitely let you all know. 🙂

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

I have been having the same problem with having to log in but when I click on the log in button I don't have to enter anything it automatically takes me to my personal home page most times. My browser is IE8. Hope this gets corrected soon.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for letting us know you're having trouble too. 

We're working on it!

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Anything new on this???

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I haven't heard an update but I'll talk to the team today and get a status update. 

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

12 years ago

Sept 27, 2012

I've been having the same problem for a few days now (that I've noticed; could be longer).  Has anything been resolved yet?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Still having the same problem - Any updates on this?  Surely the developemnt team cant be having that much trouble !

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

I have a customer that is having this same problem.  It appears this thread has had no activity for some time without a definite solution being posted.  Is there a official solution available from AT&T yet?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I found a way to make this work. log into your att/yahoo account. check the "keep me signed in for 2 weeks". Once your into you e-mail ( on your browser page) go to your favorites and add it to it. the next time you want your mail just click on the "att/yahoo" in your favorites bar. In 2 weeks ,just resign in and your good for another 2 weeks.

tcubed

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

I am an IE9 Vista fully updated to the very latest. Am having the exact same problems: The Stay logged-in 2 weeks no longer works. Suspect it has to do with the new ATT-Yahoo webmail and the many losses of Internet connections that have been occurring since its intoduction. Cannot retain an internet connection for more than 1-5 minutes. Most of the time I can regain a connection by doing repeated refreshes and the clicking of the Home icon. But doing that causes the loss of my draft message I was in the midst of!

Reason I suspect a relation with the new ATT webmail is, that the losses of connections happen abruptly and vulgarily, such that this wild behavior can be interpreted by the webmail module as an automatic Logoff request (Auto-Log-off) as the internet connection suddenly cuts-out. Such an Auto Log-off would indeed require a user to re-log-in repeatedly as is my case. I have never had such bad experience with Internet. It began with the introduction of the ATT-Yahoo new webmail of July-Aug of 2013. I would very gladly return to the old webmail system - there I was able to work sustained, never having a loss of Internet. I know it's a loss of Internet bc I am getting all these numerous "Temporary errors, Errors 2" in all their varieties. A "Temp error" isn't just an erratic one. It is an intelligent notification by an ATT server who has recognized a loss of connectivity. Perhaps it translates into Auto-Log-Off's...requiring Re-Log-in's...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.