Protect yourself online
kcoupland's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 4:58 PM

Closed

Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Everytime I sign on to Firefox my personal homepage does not display because it says I am not logged on.  I signon and click on 'keep me logged in for 2 weeks' and when I close my browser and reopen it, it does not maintain my id and pw and requires me to sign on again.  I sign on and off daily a hundred times and I wish to have my password remain for 2 weeks.  I cleared cookies and that didn't help.  I researched but cannot find any ATT phone number for email techincal support.  Any advice?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

e-mail: does not want to stay "signed on for two weeks"

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I've got a request out to see if there is an issue with this functionality. 

Thanks for all the information!

Edit:

I've done a little testing and it appears this works just fine when using Chrome, but not IE or FF. 

I'll let you know what I come up with!

Edit edit:

I've submitted a request to this reviewed by our web team. Thanks for reporting this to us!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

hey, jamileh -- i am using chrome and it's def NOT working for me. sometimes when i click "login" it will log me in without my having to type in anything, sometimes it goes to login screen, but never does it remember me. thanks for looking into this!!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the additional info BexB!

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Back in "the old days" this problem would, at some point, have been referred to Bell Labs when nobody else could resolve the problem, but alas there no longer is a Bell Labs and the number of skilled techs has been trimmed to the point of near non-existence. So who fixes it now?

Maybe A.T.&T. can trot out one of their "business degree" management people, who know nothing of the business itself, to create a new "mission statement" to address the issue.

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

12 years ago

Try going to yahoo.com and logging in.  After doing that, I stayed logged in at att.my.yahoo.com also.

Just another little quirk designed to make you pull your hair out, I guess!

• 

2 Messages

That did not work for me.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

thanks, that worked for me, too. i went to www.yahoo.com, logged in, checked "keep me logged in", and ensured that the login was successful by checking email. then, i closed chrome, opened it back up, and wah-lah, still logged into ATT/yahoo. interesting... the two logins should have the same result, but they do not... at any rate, the "keep me logged in" is working if i login at www.yahoo.com, so THANK YOU for that tip!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I took your advice and logged into yahoo (making sure the box to stay signed in was checked).  Now I stay logged into att.my.yahoo.com - so far anyway.  Thanks for the tip.  I never had to do this before... Obviously, something is not right with AT&T email.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

I tried logging in to yahoo.com and I am staying logged to att.net also. This seems to work for the time being. Do you suppose we should tell A.T.&T. or let them figure it out for themselves?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Well, you kind of just did tell us. 🙂

Our web production team is actively working on this issue. A big kudos to everyone in this thread for posting about it so we knew what was going on!

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

This has intermittently not worked for me for several years.   For months, it will work OK, and then suddenly start to require me to sign in several times a day.   After a few days, it returns to the normal two week period.    This has occurred on IE, Firefox and Chrome, and across XP, Vista and Windows 7.   

Glad to hear that AT&T/Yahoo is working on a fix.   To date, the only response that I have been able to get from AT&T was an offer for me to pay them to fix the problem on my PC.

A long running complaint with AT&T is that your "Contact Us" is oriented only to fixing the user's problem, and there is no provision for reporting problems with your software or services.   And, like all software yours has some problems.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.