Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2012
2:02:06 PM
Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

Unfortunately I fell for the target gift card scam. Half way through the registration process I figured it was not legit and stopped, never clicked the submit button, and ever since then I get about 20 spam messages a day. I went to the options panel for spam and selected to immediately empty the spam folder but I still get spam and have to manually delete them. I'm running yahoo classic on an XP pro system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I fell for the target gift card scam. Half way through the registration process I figured it was not legit and stopped, never clicked the submit button, and ever since then I get about 20 spam messages a day. I went to the options panel for spam and selected to immediately empty the spam folder but I still get spam and have to manually delete them. I'm running yahoo classic on an XP pro system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 26, 2012 2:59:07 PM
(0)
Community Manager

rusty shackleferd wrote:

Oh-no... I'm sorry to hear that rusty shackleferd.  The following solutions provide tips and how to report SPAM emails to AT&T...

Tips to avoid email spam

Protect yourself from email phishing and fake websites

How do I block mail from a specific sender? Can I un-block it later?

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

rusty shackleferd wrote:

Oh-no... I'm sorry to hear that rusty shackleferd.  The following solutions provide tips and how to report SPAM emails to AT&T...

Tips to avoid email spam

Protect yourself from email phishing and fake websites

How do I block mail from a specific sender? Can I un-block it later?

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

2 of 3 (1,517 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2013 7:18:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

Question NOT answered.  Spam not immediately deleted.

Question NOT answered.  Spam not immediately deleted.

Re: Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

3 of 3 (461 Views)