Protect yourself online
444bosco's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 28th, 2013 2:39 PM

Closed

Spam from att.net or sbc.net email addresses

I'm receiving a large number of spam emails addressed to me as "AT&T Internet Service Member." The email addressd to this account is "members@sbc.net."  The spam emails come from "customersupport@att.net"

PC spam filter catches them, but iPhone doesn't bc Apple is lame in this area.

Any suggestions? Hopefully I'm missing something simple and obvious.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am experiencing the same problem as another indiv except it is on my laptop....not an I phone.  See except below:

I'm receiving a large number of spam emails addressed to me as "AT&T Internet Service Member." The email addressd to this account is "members@sbc.net."  The spam emails come from "customersupport@att.net"

These emails began arriving about a week ago and are mostly going to the Junk Folder.  Since they are related to AT&T, hope you can find a fix.

Thanks,

Larry Turner

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

HOW DO I STOP RECEIVING EMAIL MESSAGES ADDRESSED TO "AT&T INTERNET SERVICE MEMBER"?  I HAVE A BELLSOUT.NET ACCOUNT AND THESE SPAMS ARE COMING IN AROUND 20 -30 EMAILS A DAY!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I am recieving unfiltered spam from customersupport@att.net. Obviosly the sender address is spoofed but I mark these as spam every day now for at least a month but they still keep coming and don't get filtered.

Please Help

Thanks

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @scotthenze 

What is the address they're coming from? Is there an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of those emails?

It's a good idea to report any spam emails to att by forwarding them to abuse@att.net.

Thanks

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

They are all coming from diffeent addresses, but each have customersupport@att.net after the address in greater than / less than symbols...here is an example:

Strayer★University

and here is another one: â‚ObamaCareInfo

and another one; Jacuzzi Hot Tub .

Sometimes, they have multiople emails within one....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same here. My Spam folder was full of them, but two did make it to my inbox. I always check using my cursor and sent them to Spam and then deleted the folder. Sure is irritating that so many can slip through.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello @scotthenze 

What is the address they're coming from? Is there an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of those emails?

Dmitriy

There are now 4 or 5 different threads between this and the Uverse email forum on this subject. I also have been getting many spam emails over the last couple months. Most of these are ending up in the spam folder but a few get through to my regular inbox. Unfortunately, unsubscribing is not an option because the emails are addressed to "members@att.net" or "members@sbcglobal.net", etc. It would appear that spammers are getting access to what should be a protected group email address by making it appear as if the email is originating from ATT. Perhaps an email gateway has been hacked.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

so what is the solution?  Is AT&T doing something to fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Doesn't look like it.  It's the 22nd and I'm still getting them.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I'm having a similar problem.  Ads are tailored to my email name, come from customersupport@att.net, and bypass TWO junk mail filters.  In fact, the only mail that DOES go to junk is legitimate email from ATT. 

I have forwarded about 30 of these emails with the headers to abuse@att.net.  I imagine I'm not the only one in this predicament.  It's annoying and frustrating, and I'm ready to change providers altogether if nothing happens.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.