For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
tperkowski's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 31st, 2015 12:47 PM

Spam filter not working

Over the last week I have been receiving a significant increase of spam email in my Inbox. I have been using the Spam button to delete it hoping that the filter would improve. This method is not working. It almost seems like the Spam filter is not working. Anyone else having this issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Good Afternoon,

For the past two days, I have been getting a ton of spam email and it is appearing every 15 minutes or so. Here are some of the domains in the headers of some of these email messages;

nicolau-fearghas.woodarent.net
temperative.com
disturbbuyout.net
poetship.com
mail.poetship.com
sale.marektlabss.com

Edit>> I've even added the above to the ban list in my settings with no luck. It appears that you can only ban email addresses and not domains in your settings.

I've been periodically checking it today and marking them as spam but the filter isn't picking them up. It's crazy.

Walter "Wally" Padgett

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

8 years ago

Spam has recently increased.  Over a thousand spam emails in my spam folder for just 4 days. This does not include the hundreds that do not get filtered and are just dumped into my inbox.

Something is wrong and it's not the users fault as suggested.

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

8 years ago

I can also confirm that the spam is out of control. AT&T needs to fix this spam filtering problem. It was never as bad as it is now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Two days ago, the spam filter for my att.net email address stopped catching the majority of spam from reaching my inbox. Some spam is going directly to the spam folder, but approximately 75 spam messages are going directly to my inbox. What's this all about?! Help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have changed my password 3 x in the past 2 days.  The spam is even worse.  Some of them show my email address as the sender.  I was searching for a solution when I found this forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Someone has hacked my sbcglobal account and is sending out messages (with links, of course) to my contacts.  The "from" line has my name, followed by [mailto: and a different provider] but people are opening it when they see my name.

How do I stop this???

Thanks,

Judy

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Your account may NOT have been hacked but your email address may have been cloned. This is very prevalent with those who use Outlook. What happens is that a PC will be infected by malware and the malware will "harvest" all contacts stored in Outlook and send them back to the malware perpetrator. This low-life will then use those email addresses as BOTH targets of SPAM/malware and as the purported sender of said SPAM/malware. Displaying the full list of an email's headers will show that it is NOT coming from you. At least one of my 4 email addresses has been compromised that way from someone's Outlook address book on their PC so I end up getting SPAM sent to me from that address! Fortunately I don't use Outlook or a PC so my Address Book can't be compromised that way.

Oh, accounts from Yahoo are also very vulnerable to compromise.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you, Romad! 

I'm shopping right now to get a new PC and have a question for you in this regard, if you don't mind.

I'll take both the new and old PCs to a service to transfer all my data.  Do I need to have the old PC checked and cleaned of any malware before I do this (as an extra step) or does the transfer process catch any of that?

You're very knowledgeable and I really appreciate your help!

Judy

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Judy, I personally use Mac OS (it has been almost 8 years since I used a PC regularly) but from what I've read the BEST thing to do is to take your current PC to a reputable service center and have them check it for any malware that might be installed currently and remove it. Also make sure you have the most up-to-date anti-malware blocking software installed immediately after the "cleaning". Who will be doing the migration of data from your old PC to the new one, you or a reputable vendor? If a vendor then you might ask them what they do as part of the migration (personally I think reputable vendors will do a thorough malware cleansing BEFORE the migration as a routine part of the process). Then on the new PC keep the anti-malware definitions updated religiously. I hope this helps. Unfortunately, if your email was harvested from someone else's computer or a server hack, it will still be out there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been receiving at least 10-15 spam emails from myself each day. I have changed my password twice, along with all the security questions. Outside of deleting my email account, any other recommendations??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.