Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Nov 5, 2011
11:19:01 AM
View profile
Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

When I signed up with ATT internet/home phone about 4 years ago, I was given a Yahoo/Sbcglobal email account. I have been hacked at my sbcglobal.net account and when I try to reset my password, I am sent to the Att website(which recently changed so actually I am sent again to the new Att website(grrrrrrrr). I changed the password for my Att account(which I knew then would only change it for my true Att internet/home phone account, not my email, but that was the only option for changing a password that I was given), and of course my sbcglobal.net password is still the same. Please help this is so very frustrating. I hope all of this makes sense.

When I signed up with ATT internet/home phone about 4 years ago, I was given a Yahoo/Sbcglobal email account. I have been hacked at my sbcglobal.net account and when I try to reset my password, I am sent to the Att website(which recently changed so actually I am sent again to the new Att website(grrrrrrrr). I changed the password for my Att account(which I knew then would only change it for my true Att internet/home phone account, not my email, but that was the only option for changing a password that I was given), and of course my sbcglobal.net password is still the same. Please help this is so very frustrating. I hope all of this makes sense.

Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2011 3:38:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem...  Are there any ATT moderators out there reading this???  I need a soultion!

I am having the exact same problem...  Are there any ATT moderators out there reading this???  I need a soultion!

Re: Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

2 of 10 (24,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 6:41:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem.  I got the ATT staff to expunge the sbcglobal account, but, like u said, it's still spamming all these people because i can't change the password..

I have the same problem.  I got the ATT staff to expunge the sbcglobal account, but, like u said, it's still spamming all these people because i can't change the password..

3 of 10 (24,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 7:08:59 AM
(0)
Tutor
i found this website by going to yahoo.it then it redirected me to the att portal which acknowledged i was an sbcglobal user. from there i was allowed to CHANGE my PASSWORD!!
https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com&src=&partner=reg&intl=us
TELL THEM UR ACCOUNT was compromised. it will ask you your security questions and VOILA!! success!
i found this website by going to yahoo.it then it redirected me to the att portal which acknowledged i was an sbcglobal user. from there i was allowed to CHANGE my PASSWORD!!
https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com&src=&partner=reg&intl=us
TELL THEM UR ACCOUNT was compromised. it will ask you your security questions and VOILA!! success!

4 of 10 (24,664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2012 5:54:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

this still seems to reset my att online billing passcode and not my sbcglobal email passcode

this still seems to reset my att online billing passcode and not my sbcglobal email passcode

5 of 10 (23,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 5:59:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

I was having the same problem, and I was finally able to change it by going here:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397#fbid=tGZKoCzrR41

Hope it works for you.

I was having the same problem, and I was finally able to change it by going here:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397#fbid=tGZKoCzrR41

Hope it works for you.

6 of 10 (13,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2014 9:03:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you SO MUCH! I didn't think I was ever going to get out of the loop nightmare described by others. 

Thank you SO MUCH! I didn't think I was ever going to get out of the loop nightmare described by others. 

7 of 10 (10,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2014 11:40:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is now 2014 and this link still works to allow me change my email password as well as my ATT password.

This is now 2014 and this link still works to allow me change my email password as well as my ATT password.

8 of 10 (9,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 5:33:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks - that link works, BUT

even changing my password has not stopped the onslaught of Mailer--Daemon emails in my Spam folder.  Today it was over 700 of them.  Any ideas?  I had hoped changing password would take care of this spam problem.  Basically I think AT&T/Yahoo/SBC is one hot mess

Thanks - that link works, BUT

even changing my password has not stopped the onslaught of Mailer--Daemon emails in my Spam folder.  Today it was over 700 of them.  Any ideas?  I had hoped changing password would take care of this spam problem.  Basically I think AT&T/Yahoo/SBC is one hot mess

9 of 10 (8,853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2015 7:47:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

This worked for me!  Thanks!

This worked for me!  Thanks!

10 of 10 (3,286 Views)