Protect yourself online
Sue from Centerville's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 11:28 PM

Saving Drafts with the New Att.net email

Within the past couple of weeks, Att switched email formats to include themes, a different layout, and more.

First what I really like - being able to print an email. This is a HUGE improvement.

But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to 'Save a Draft' of a message I'm working on with this new version. Instead, there's a small message showing the last time a copy was saved automatically. But this is really not the same thing as being able to ensure that an accurate draft is saved.

So... do we just take it on faith or what?

We also used to be able to see tabs that allowed for switching between a couple of open emails. Now that's disappeared completely, so it's now difficult to switch back and forth between two emails. Or keeping open an email I'm writing while trying to refer to a different email in my inbox.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Regarding saving drafts - I managed to stumble on how to do this.  Once it has autosaved once, and you can see that "Saved" message, you can actually click on that message to save it.  Not intuitive at all, and a really stupid design, but it at least works.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Sloozy. I found a work around too... I figured what the heck. Try "ctrl S" which is the default shortcut key to save in Word. That worked too. And doing that forces a saved update, which is good.

I also read through the whole conversation thread, and found that in my settings taking off 'conversations' got rid of the horrendous 'me'. And selecting 'tabs' is buried in there too, which helps for all of us who need to go back and forth between emails. Those two along with finding a way to 'save' make the new email bearable.

You'd think they'd have true users help with beta testing before going live with such a different system.

This forum helps and thanks for your feedback. I'll try that way too.

Sue

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

You're welcome.  The very first thing I did was turn off conversation mode, so I never saw the "me" issue. I LOATH conversation mode - I prefer my email to be organized, not scrambled, thank you very much.  When I turned this off, I also saw the setting for tabs and turned that on.

It's pretty obvious that they did not test this thoroughly - it's very glitchy, especially on older browsers. And some of the design decisions just boggle the mind - putting the toolbar at the bottom when composing an email?  Really?  I won't say it's "horrible" - a few quick setting tweaks quickly made it acceptable - but the old version was much better.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.