Protect yourself online
charmsoffice's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 28th, 2015 6:59 PM

Please Remove charmsmusic.com from their black list

Our band program uses the Charms Office emailing system.  sbcglobal.net has blocked charmsmusic.com    Charmsmusic.com IS NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We need this in order to distribute information to our parents.  Please please please remove charmsmusic.com from your black list.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

8 years ago

Hello, @charmsoffice!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear these e-mails are being blocked. Please use the link below to submit your request.

AT&T Block Inquiry Website

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Why cannot the information to the parents be sent through from the school district's email?

It is very simple to add a large list of emails to a contact list (a.k.a.: contact group, distribution list, etc.) in most common email clients (such as outlook). Then simply use that contact list in the "bcc" field. This way, the email is coming from the school district's email server.

Further, as a parent, I do not want my email address to be shared with an external entity such as charmsmusic.com.

I do not understand the reason for the email to come from charmmusic email sender at all!!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

No offence @ConcernedParent but this is something you'd probably be better off asking Charm music...   ATT is a service provider.. they really do not typically get involved in what a particular customer does with that service.

Or possibly your school district...  

Not sure anyone here can really do anything for you.

By all means, feel free to rant, but this is a customer to customer forum (in fact, i'm just another customer, expressing his personal opinion) and nothing much will ever come of it.

Good luck

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

@charmsoffice

I mention this only for informational purposes.. many others have had issues with ATT domain blocking. I can't promise this will work for you, but i am posting a link to a related thread (it is quite long, sorry) but one person offered a way to get unblocked, that MAY, or may NOT work.. but feel free to try it.. here is the link..https://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/m-p/3899515#M18799. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

@Tigereyze209 No offense taken. Yes, it was essentially a rant.

I ended up on this page after I did a web search for "charmsmusic.com". If you typed up the address www.charmsmusic.com directly into the browser, there is no such address exists. With that, I cannot even find contact information to bring this up with them. Since @charmsoffice commented here, my goal was to at least bring this up in this indirect way.

I am already discussing this issue with our school district. Especially considering the lack of database security many "online solutions" providers have, I find it bothersome that school districts are easily passing off student + parent + email info to external parties without explicitly asking for parent consent. I can easily see a number of ways marketers can be digging for such email lists from such external service providers.

Further, I simply find it amusing the original post that states "...IS NOT SPAM!!.." If I am actually a spammer, is that all I have to do - i.e., simply go to different email providers' support forums and proclaim "NOT SPAM"? Smiley Happy

Guru

• 

498 Messages

8 years ago

The original poster probably should have referenced Charms Office Assistant, which is used by bands.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

I did a simple search on charm music, and turns out, they are located in the uk at this linkL http://www.charm-music.co.uk/ so. would explain why no com.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.