Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Internet Forum

Posted Jan 28, 2013
7:59:03 AM
View profile
Phishing?

Received this email and assumed it was a phishing email.  Just wanted to verify if anyone can...

Dear Customer,

Your incoming messages were placed on
pending due to our recent upgrade. Verify your account immediately to get your
mail working by pressing the

to get your
mail  updated
Click Here

Thank you for
using
At&tYahoo!

At&t
Yahoo!©2013

Received this email and assumed it was a phishing email.  Just wanted to verify if anyone can...

Dear Customer,

Your incoming messages were placed on
pending due to our recent upgrade. Verify your account immediately to get your
mail working by pressing the

to get your
mail  updated
Click Here

Thank you for
using
At&tYahoo!

At&t
Yahoo!©2013

Accepted Solution

Phishing?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 28, 2013 10:12:24 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

wahkinney,

I'm really happy that you came to the forum to see if this was a phishing email rather than to ask how to unlock your account because it was hacked, which is what would have happened.

Report spam abuse

To report spam, forward it to abuse@att.net. When you forward the email, please be sure to Include the full header without it, we can't tell where the email came from.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

wahkinney,

I'm really happy that you came to the forum to see if this was a phishing email rather than to ask how to unlock your account because it was hacked, which is what would have happened.

Report spam abuse

To report spam, forward it to abuse@att.net. When you forward the email, please be sure to Include the full header without it, we can't tell where the email came from.

James

Re: Phishing?

2 of 3 (665 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2013 11:13:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!