Protect yourself online
Adam42Kelly's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 2:18 AM

Parental Approval For Sub Accounts

Former AT&T DSL customers, now using a free att.net e-mail account.  We received the e-mail notice for approving our children's sub accounts and approved the one which was listed.  However, when another child tried to access their e-mail, they were confronted with a similar message which didn't allow them to go any further.  We followed the link and signed in with the parent account, but the message told us there were no more child accounts awaiting approval.  We cannot find where to approve the remaining sub accounts.  We're afraid we are going to lose these sub accounts if we don't resolve this issue soon.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

@Adam42Kelly wrote:

I've finally had this resolved.  The problem lies in the fact that Yahoo! manages AT&T's e-mail.  There was a deadline date for AT&T (I believe it was the 10th of July) at which point the sub-accounts which weren't approved were disabled.  In the sub-account management (through myATT.net) I was then able to approve those sub-accounts with AT&T.  That still meant I needed to approve them with Yahoo! also.

However, when the sub-accounts logged in, they were still presented with the standard "need parental consent" message and logging into with the parental account still did not list the sub-accounts.  Following one of the links, I was able to find a Yahoo! help form.  I filled out the form-- of which I was a little skeptical because it didn't address my exact problem-- submitted it, and crossed my fingers.  It took a week before I discovered any results.

This morning when I logged onto my son's sub-account, I still had the "need parental consent" message.  I clicked the button to log on with the parent account, not expecting anything different.  To my pleasant surprise, my son's account was listed as needing to be approved.  I gave it approval and was then able to log on to his account right away.

I hope this helps someone else.

Here is where I started with Yahoo! (http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&page=contact&srcContact=acct_care#comm-form)  Use the "E-mail a Support Agent" option.  Good luck!

Didn't work for me. Yahoo responded & told me it is an ATT account & to contact them. ATT told me my account had been hacked, & changed password, but that did not work. The lady then told me she had to go, & I could call back if I wanted someone else to help me. What a bunch of crap!

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I hope this helps. Would love your feedback. Please post here if this resolved the issue for you. 

Changes to email account for children under 13

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.