For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Mangia's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 9:44 AM

My email address is not working

Please can you help me activate it or gain access?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Mangia 

Have you tried resetting you access by using the "I Can't Access My Account" option on your log in screen? I'd start there, sometimes passwords get suspended for security reasons and need to be reset, or if you haven't used your email for a while it might get suspended.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I too am having the same issue and went through all of those steps.  I received the following message:

Your account is inactive. You will not be able to reset the password with your account in this status. If you are under 13 years of age, your parents need to re-approve your access to your email account and other AT&T online services. Your parents can Log In with their User ID (e.g., johndoe@att.net) to give that approval.
(SFPWD43)

Please help me to activate my account.  I am the primary account holder of my email and am not a sub-account under any other emails... therefore, I cannot re-approve the access.

Crystal

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I can send e-mails on my tablet, but I don't receive any e-mails on the tablet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

i HAVE TRIED TO GET MY E-MAIL WORKING BUT CANT GET IT BACK UP.

i AM NOT RECIEVING AND CANT SEND E-MAILS.    i AMTHINKING SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE RESET ON MY INTERNET WIRELESS SET UP ON AT&T'S END  HOPEFULLY SOME ONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM.    IT ALL STARTED WHEN I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10.   PLEASE DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS.  AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH

MY E-MAIL SETUP     THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.  OH YEAH!  THE MESSAGE READS ON MY E-MAIL PAGE  THAT IT IS NOT SYINKT

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Sigh.. where to start....   Definition of terms maybe?

well, here goes..   ATT internet services provides a connection to the internet.

Wi-FI is done thru your local router. ATT has NO control over your home wi-fi.

(ATT wi-fi hot spots are another mater, but not relavent to this discussinn, so why did I even bring them up?)

Another..  you get your e-mail from your internet connection.. independant of your wi-fi.

HOW your system connects via wi-fi to your router is a totally local issue. ATT has NO control over that, even if it's an ATT provided router. 

NOW, to be fair, it is VERY possible, your internet connection was improperlly configured when you did your win 10 system upgrade.

The easyest thing to do might be to just make a new internet connection and replace the old one, as it sounds like it may have gotten corrupted somehow. 

Could be, you may only need to reset your name and network password on your internet connection.

OH! maybe related, maybe not, att is retiring old e-mail servers, and the new ones require the following settings to work: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424295&DPSLogout=true&_requestid=1560608

If you have not already done so, reset your mail programs settings to this, or you will be unable to access your e-mail any more..    (hint hint)  If you have, then, in the immortal words of Rassanaa Danna,  "Never mind..."

Either way, good luck.

OH! don't forget, you can send a message to the care guys per instructions in Dmetry's previous post.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I am quoting dmitrys origional post for the benifot of those who don't want to scroll back to find it:

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Hello @Mangia 

Have you tried resetting you access by using the "I Can't Access My Account" option on your log in screen? I'd start there, sometimes passwords get suspended for security reasons and need to be reset, or if you haven't used your email for a while it might get suspended.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My account was locked, and when I try to reset the password it sends the temporary password to the email address that I am trying to unlock....hence I cant get the temp password to sign in.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

i log out then can't log back in. can you help?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

my password does not work help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.