Protect yourself online
answermethis's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 8:53 PM

My child's account has been disabled

I approved this account before the deadline - and as of today I discovered that my daughter's account has been disabled.  I went into my subaccounts and re-enabled it, but I still cannot login?  Anyone else?  How can I expedite this and get it back or is it gone forever?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Does an incident ID mean anything?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm in the same boat - everything on my end tells me the account is enabled and the system is not waiting for any approvals.

I also was frustrated that they sent the emails about needing the approvals to the child only and not to the adult - the emails looked like phishing.

good luck and please post how you make out!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Another update...  my understanding now (albeit this could all be false, but it comprises the info I have compiled) - it is becoming clear that yahoo can solve this problem, and AT&T cannot.  

However, Yahoo cannot assist me until I unmerge the email account with AT&T.

AT&T is stating that they are unable to unmerge the accounts.

This is beginning to sound like the problem has no solution.

Not giving up!  (I certainly hope the social media guy - who really seems like he's trying to help - isn't giving up either).

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Well, I decided to start fresh. I went to AT&T.com and used the chat feature. Now granted, there is no guarantee that you will get the same person - but today? My hero's name is Jeffrey and he got my daughter's account up and running. I say, avoid the phone and use Chat from now on. I wish you luck!

[edited for privacy]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I followed that link and was sent to an online article that told me

• You will need to contact AT&T for assistance with your AT&T Yahoo! Mail account.

ATT is pointing at Yahooto fix it, Yahoo is pointing at ATT -not helpful

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

at least you could get to your "manage subaccounts."  It won't take me anywhere when I hit that!  Glad YOUR problem is solved!

--still waiting...

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

You can change the language for your subaccounts by:

1. logging into your subaccount

2. click "My AT&T", then "Profile"

3. Go to "User Information", edit it

4. Change Espanol to Ingles

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.