Protect yourself online
answermethis's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 8:53 PM

My child's account has been disabled

I approved this account before the deadline - and as of today I discovered that my daughter's account has been disabled.  I went into my subaccounts and re-enabled it, but I still cannot login?  Anyone else?  How can I expedite this and get it back or is it gone forever?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I just "fixed" my child's account - and the solution was really silly - I was going nuts with the same problem, approved the ATT parental consent and the yahoo parental consent.  Then I noticed from the yahoo "manage subaccounts" area that there was no password for the affected subaccount - I created a new password and the account is now active

Now if only I could change the preferred browser language from Spanish to English..... -

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

@Adam42Kelly wrote:

I hope this helps. https://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/Parental-Approval-For-Sub-Accounts/m-p/3528717#M16815

This link worked for me.  I followed the directions and was skeptical about sending a message, but I did that yesterday.  I received no repsonse from them, but today I opened the original email reminder's link to give Parental permission thru ATT and signed onto ATT using my email and password and it went directly to my subaccounts like MAGIC!

I had discontinued SBC's DSL years ago, but have been using the free ATT accounts since then.  This worked.

Thank you Adam42Kelly!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks AT&T but I was hoping to get a better response than this:

Congratulations, answermethis!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Contributor.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The AT&T Community Support Team

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Update:  Currently on the phone (for over 28 minutes BTW) with a lovely AT&T rep named Hayley in the Philippines.  She is unable to help me so gave me a # to call 866-722-9932.  Listening to music.  

To be continued, sadly...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Update #2:  Spoke to Dominique in Indiana.  She gave me another 2 #s to call - 888-362-5909 (uverse) and/or 866-562-7219.  Wish me luck.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

"Due to unexpected call volumes we are unable to help you at this time.  Please visit help.yahoo.com and clicked on locked accounts"

OK - progress, right?

I certainly hope this helps someone else...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Tutor.

yippee...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Your Incident ID is: 130718-022320

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Email states:

Right now, we're receiving a lot of requests. We're working as fast as we can, but it might take us a little bit longer than normal to respond to you.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! Customer Care Team

answermethis asks:

can you define 'normal'?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Perhaps my daughter will turn 13 before this gets resolved and then maybe the account will reactivate itself?  Still waiting to be resolved.  I wonder how many more hours will need to be spent on the phone.... Why can't this be resolved via email?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.