Protect yourself online
blgtiger1's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 10th, 2011 11:54 PM

Microsoft Outlook 2011 MAC Version Email Configuration

I'm trying to configure my Microsoft Outlook 2011 MAC email program to send and receive my att.net account.  I can't seem to find the configuration information.  I tried using the pop.att.yahoo.com port 995 and smtp.att.yahoo.com port 465 configuration as indicated in a previous version of Outlook.  I can receive email sent to my att.net email account but I can't send from att.net email account using Outlook 2011 MAC Version.  I receive Error Code:  3253.  

Has anyone run across this issue and found a solution to this error?  Please advise.  Thanks! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having the SAME PROBLEM with Outlook Express on a XP-P machine.  Does anyone have a solution to the problem?  It appears the servers are perhaps not correct in their instructions.  The online CHAT group is less than useless and the WEB pages either don't work or contain erroneous information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm a new AT&T user, and have successully set up my att.net account in Outlook 2011. Follow the directions for Outlook 2010 at the following link and you should be set. Granted, these instructions are for setting up an account in Outlook 2010 for Windows, so screenshots and placement of some of the items mentioned are different than what you'll see when setting up an account within Outlook 2011 for Mac, but the settings are all there (you may need to search for them or they may be worded a bit differently).

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568&cv=812&_requestid=137103#fbid=PQu9040OFTa

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I saw this article and included all instructions based on my understanding. If it is working for you, can you please post settings according to Mac version.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Incoming - inbound.att.net
Use SSL Checked
Port 995

Outgoing - outbound.att.net
Overide deflaut port Checked
Use SSL Checked
Port 465

More Options Button
Authentication – Use Incoming Server Info

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

BTW I;m DSL NOT Uverse.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have tried these settings and I can receive emails but cannot send.  I've tried several times with no success.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry about that.

I had my best luck using the "Char" link to AT&T.

The phone support was frustrating at best.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Not shockingly, i am also having the same problem with AT&T.  I just spent another hour on the phone and in the end I was told "We only support webmail, we do not support POP mail,  if you need help with that you have to contact Conect Tech".  Even though the website says they provide POPP mail service.  They change their settings causing everyones client email to stop working, and we have to give them more money.  It is insane.

The only workaround i have found is to log into webmail, then log out of webmail and then try to log into your email client(Outlook, mac mail, etc.)  works about 50% of the time.  It's a weak option, but it is the best I could find since AT&T refuses to address their problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm having major problems with this too.  It tells me that my password is incorrect.  However, sometimes it works just fine, with the same password!  ARGH!!

AT&T refuses to help me.  😞

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

HEY!  AT&T!  DON'T YOU GUYS GET IT?  YOU AREN'T SUPPORTING YOUR CUSTOMERS AND THEY ARE ANGRY!  YES, I AM SHOUTING BECAUSE YOU ARE DEAF!  I AM A TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT AND MY CLIENTS ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS.  I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COMPANY MORE RESISTANT TO THEIR CUSTOMERS THAN YOU.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.