Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forums

Posted Nov 21, 2012
5:32:01 PM
View profile
McAfee issues

On Sunday, I downloaded McAfee from ATT for my Dell lap top. First off, I can't get it to open up so I can set it all up, its running, but I do want some control. Also, my screen now randomly shuts off for no reason. Is anyone else having this weirdness? Can I remove it and reload without it going against the amount of computers we can use it on?

On Sunday, I downloaded McAfee from ATT for my Dell lap top. First off, I can't get it to open up so I can set it all up, its running, but I do want some control. Also, my screen now randomly shuts off for no reason. Is anyone else having this weirdness? Can I remove it and reload without it going against the amount of computers we can use it on?

Accepted Solution

McAfee issues

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 4, 2012 8:31:48 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

hairstylist65,

Yes you will be able to uninstall and reinstall with no penalty, I have done it on numerous occasions. Good luck and I hope these glitches disappear.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

hairstylist65,

Yes you will be able to uninstall and reinstall with no penalty, I have done it on numerous occasions. Good luck and I hope these glitches disappear.

James

Re: McAfee issues

2 of 3 (3,247 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 8, 2012 3:15:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Uninstall it and go to microsoft.com and download Microsoft Security Essentials.  It is much better than McAfee IMO and it runs quietly in the background without putting a drain on computer resources.  MSE is antivirus and malware protection software that is very effective and FREE. 

Uninstall it and go to microsoft.com and download Microsoft Security Essentials.  It is much better than McAfee IMO and it runs quietly in the background without putting a drain on computer resources.  MSE is antivirus and malware protection software that is very effective and FREE. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: McAfee issues

3 of 3 (3,013 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments