Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 9, 2012
9:20:04 PM
View profile
McAfee availability

When I signed up for ATT internet, do I get Mcafee virus protection for free for as long as I have ATT-internet?  The ATT web pages say "yes" it is a continual service (it promises continual update service, etc) , but I just had an interchange with with ATT chat people who say that ATT only provides McAfee for a year and that I must buy McAfee direct from McAfee after that.  Who knew?   

When I signed up for ATT internet, do I get Mcafee virus protection for free for as long as I have ATT-internet?  The ATT web pages say "yes" it is a continual service (it promises continual update service, etc) , but I just had an interchange with with ATT chat people who say that ATT only provides McAfee for a year and that I must buy McAfee direct from McAfee after that.  Who knew?   

Accepted Solution

McAfee availability

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 11, 2012 8:55:54 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Lyell,

I'm sorry that you were misinformed on having to pay for McAfee. I have checked with numerous residential customer service reps and they have all informed me that McAfee will be free for as long as you have your account and meet the requirements.

Requirements: All AT&T U-verse customers and AT&T DSL customers with Internet speeds of 3.0Mbps or higher are eligible for a free subscription.

Thank you,

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Lyell,

I'm sorry that you were misinformed on having to pay for McAfee. I have checked with numerous residential customer service reps and they have all informed me that McAfee will be free for as long as you have your account and meet the requirements.

Requirements: All AT&T U-verse customers and AT&T DSL customers with Internet speeds of 3.0Mbps or higher are eligible for a free subscription.

Thank you,

James

Re: McAfee availability

2 of 4 (2,557 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2012 11:07:39 AM
(0)
Employee

Hey there I am adding a link to the article for confirmation!  ~Delia

Download and install AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hey there I am adding a link to the article for confirmation!  ~Delia

Download and install AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (2,482 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 12:40:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

we have been using u-verse for two years. Mcafee comes with the package for lifetime of service, at least in our area, SoCal.

we have been using u-verse for two years. Mcafee comes with the package for lifetime of service, at least in our area, SoCal.

4 of 4 (500 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments