Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 23, 2014
9:39:45 AM
View profile
Lost access to email at @sbcglobal.net and have tried everything. Can you help?

Hello Dmitriyi -

I've been trying to regain access to my email account for over 18 months now and thought I'd try again today. I used the account for business and personal and would really like to gain access to some documents that I filed away.

The email account was connected to my ATT service before it was ATT. It was part of SBC Global in Wisconsin and the email was free. The account has an @sbcglobal.net "suffix" instead of @att.net. I have tried all of the tools online to reset my password but now the system doesn't even recognize anything I am inputting. Shortly after the problem started (maybe as a result of being hacked) I did speak with someone at ATT and thought it was resolved but it wasn't.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you.

Hello Dmitriyi -

I've been trying to regain access to my email account for over 18 months now and thought I'd try again today. I used the account for business and personal and would really like to gain access to some documents that I filed away.

The email account was connected to my ATT service before it was ATT. It was part of SBC Global in Wisconsin and the email was free. The account has an @sbcglobal.net "suffix" instead of @att.net. I have tried all of the tools online to reset my password but now the system doesn't even recognize anything I am inputting. Shortly after the problem started (maybe as a result of being hacked) I did speak with someone at ATT and thought it was resolved but it wasn't.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you.

Lost access to email at @sbcglobal.net and have tried everything. Can you help?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2014 9:32:58 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @WisconsinJodi 

I'm very sorry to hear about your email issue. 18 months is quite a long time, the address might have been recycled if it was inactive for so long. Please call our web support at 1-877-312-5550 and they'll be happy to check for you.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @WisconsinJodi 

I'm very sorry to hear about your email issue. 18 months is quite a long time, the address might have been recycled if it was inactive for so long. Please call our web support at 1-877-312-5550 and they'll be happy to check for you.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Lost access to email at @sbcglobal.net and have tried everything. Can you help?

2 of 3 (535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2014 10:48:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hello Dmitriy - Thank you for your response. I don't know if it's worked yet because we haven't tried calling yet. Long story short...this issue is not mine, it is my boyfriend's. I used to manage his email accounts because he was too busy to keep them in good shape. So while I have his old password, his home address, home phone, etc I'm afraid to make the call myself because they may ask for a account number or some other piece of information I neglected to collect. He will make the call within the next few days I'm sure. After all...it's his emails that are sitting out there.

I will update this post again as soon as I know the outcome.

Thank you again!!

Jodi

Hello Dmitriy - Thank you for your response. I don't know if it's worked yet because we haven't tried calling yet. Long story short...this issue is not mine, it is my boyfriend's. I used to manage his email accounts because he was too busy to keep them in good shape. So while I have his old password, his home address, home phone, etc I'm afraid to make the call myself because they may ask for a account number or some other piece of information I neglected to collect. He will make the call within the next few days I'm sure. After all...it's his emails that are sitting out there.

I will update this post again as soon as I know the outcome.

Thank you again!!

Jodi

Re: Lost access to email at @sbcglobal.net and have tried everything. Can you help?

3 of 3 (515 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments