Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2013
9:17:17 AM
View profile
Locked out of email / Account compromised?
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 15, 2013 at 8:11:51 PM

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[ Edited ]
91 replies
(32) Me too
(32) Me too
View all replies
(91)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 5:59:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi Alex;

I'm hoping you're the answer to this problem: sbcglobal free email address - hacked and locked!

I have an sbcglobal.net email address that was hacked today. I have access to the primary account - the hacked address is a sub account.  

Unfortunately (for me) this is a vital account in terms of the history and contacts it holds for my small business.  I have this account linked to an att unified messaging email account - which is for my ATT business phone number, and is where I access voice mails for that number.

I have not included any email addresses or phone numbers for obvious reasons - but please let me know what can be done. I just need the info and understand I will need a new address. I can't tell you what it would mean to me if I could just retrieve that info which I'm sure is sitting on a server somewhere. 

Thanks very much.

Hi Alex;

I'm hoping you're the answer to this problem: sbcglobal free email address - hacked and locked!

I have an sbcglobal.net email address that was hacked today. I have access to the primary account - the hacked address is a sub account.  

Unfortunately (for me) this is a vital account in terms of the history and contacts it holds for my small business.  I have this account linked to an att unified messaging email account - which is for my ATT business phone number, and is where I access voice mails for that number.

I have not included any email addresses or phone numbers for obvious reasons - but please let me know what can be done. I just need the info and understand I will need a new address. I can't tell you what it would mean to me if I could just retrieve that info which I'm sure is sitting on a server somewhere. 

Thanks very much.

Re: sbcglobal free email address - hacked and locked!

1 of 92 (9,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 1:54:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

This morning my email failed to connect to the server, (I log on via yahoo) I waited, and the problem persisted indicating my login wasn't recognized.  Multiple devices had the same problem.  I called yahoo who directed me to Att.  Att redirected me  3 times, directed me to a web address that ran me in circles, when calling back I was disconnected 2 times.  

How do I get my sbcglobal email password reset? It's been my primary email for years and it seems no one has an answer.  

Daniel

This morning my email failed to connect to the server, (I log on via yahoo) I waited, and the problem persisted indicating my login wasn't recognized.  Multiple devices had the same problem.  I called yahoo who directed me to Att.  Att redirected me  3 times, directed me to a web address that ran me in circles, when calling back I was disconnected 2 times.  

How do I get my sbcglobal email password reset? It's been my primary email for years and it seems no one has an answer.  

Daniel

Sbcglobal.net free email

2 of 92 (9,707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 2:32:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I recently experienced a simlar problem.

I have had the same free YAHOO.COM email account for over 12 years, and at one point about 8 years ago it was merged as a subaccount under my friend and roommates account who used AT&T for internet access.  Though I have not lived with my friend for well over 6 years now, my email has remained as a subaccount under his main account (his email is an SBCGLOBAL.NET account) without any complications, except that about two years ago, I began to be unable to change my yahoo.com email password.  Now suddenly, my email has become inacessible, and I am unable to recover access.  

All of AT&T's help pages are useless for this situation.  And as I do not have access to my friend's main account, I do not have much recourse.  

I recently experienced a simlar problem.

I have had the same free YAHOO.COM email account for over 12 years, and at one point about 8 years ago it was merged as a subaccount under my friend and roommates account who used AT&T for internet access.  Though I have not lived with my friend for well over 6 years now, my email has remained as a subaccount under his main account (his email is an SBCGLOBAL.NET account) without any complications, except that about two years ago, I began to be unable to change my yahoo.com email password.  Now suddenly, my email has become inacessible, and I am unable to recover access.  

All of AT&T's help pages are useless for this situation.  And as I do not have access to my friend's main account, I do not have much recourse.  

Re: Locked out of yahoo email

4 of 92 (9,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 7:47:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

does anybody answer these posts? I have been locked out of sbcglobal.net account and can't login???? Is AT&T of any help? I too get sent around in circles for help on the AT&T site!!!!

does anybody answer these posts? I have been locked out of sbcglobal.net account and can't login???? Is AT&T of any help? I too get sent around in circles for help on the AT&T site!!!!

5 of 92 (9,725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 10:51:59 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Daniel!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging into your email. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate.

Please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Daniel!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging into your email. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate.

Please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Sbcglobal.net free email

6 of 92 (9,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 11:22:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

I too woke up this morning locked out of my account.  Supposedly we are on a 'free ATT' email account which has different features.  I've talked to a support person online who said he was sorry but could be of no help.  He did say that I could open a new ATT free account and have all my contact info imported from my old account but so far have not figured out how to do that.  If ATT wants me as a customer again, they sure have a funny way of gaining my loyalty.

I too woke up this morning locked out of my account.  Supposedly we are on a 'free ATT' email account which has different features.  I've talked to a support person online who said he was sorry but could be of no help.  He did say that I could open a new ATT free account and have all my contact info imported from my old account but so far have not figured out how to do that.  If ATT wants me as a customer again, they sure have a funny way of gaining my loyalty.

7 of 92 (9,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 11:32:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

I think my email has been hacked and my password was changed. I need to changed my password but can't remember the answers to the security questions. What can I do?

I think my email has been hacked and my password was changed. I need to changed my password but can't remember the answers to the security questions. What can I do?

Email Hacked

8 of 92 (9,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 11:45:25 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hey, calandry!

I just wanted to let you know I received your private message and will be responding shortly!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hey, calandry!

I just wanted to let you know I received your private message and will be responding shortly!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Email Hacked

9 of 92 (9,653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 12:12:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

ATT did a great job of solving my problem, though they did not know what happened. After confirming my identity for security, they gave me the username of the old DSL ATT account that the Yahoo account was tied to, and reset the password. This allowed me to reset my password for the Yahoo account, and got it all back up and working.

THANKS ATT

ATT did a great job of solving my problem, though they did not know what happened. After confirming my identity for security, they gave me the username of the old DSL ATT account that the Yahoo account was tied to, and reset the password. This allowed me to reset my password for the Yahoo account, and got it all back up and working.

THANKS ATT

10 of 92 (9,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 1:25:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

If you do not have service through AT&T how did you get them to let you back in?  I was told by a tech that because I was using a 'free' account they could not reset anything!  Who did you contact?  Was it by phone...and if so...what phone number?

If you do not have service through AT&T how did you get them to let you back in?  I was told by a tech that because I was using a 'free' account they could not reset anything!  Who did you contact?  Was it by phone...and if so...what phone number?

11 of 92 (9,660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 1:30:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

I still have an active Wireless account with ATT that somehow was still connected to the deactivated DSL account. I am not sure how this all interacts, but the Yahoo account was definitely linked to the deactivated DSL account, and that they could get me back into that account so that I could update Yahoo account and change password. I will try to "unlink" the accounts at some point when I have more time, though the techs seem to indicate that that was not possible.

I still have an active Wireless account with ATT that somehow was still connected to the deactivated DSL account. I am not sure how this all interacts, but the Yahoo account was definitely linked to the deactivated DSL account, and that they could get me back into that account so that I could update Yahoo account and change password. I will try to "unlink" the accounts at some point when I have more time, though the techs seem to indicate that that was not possible.

12 of 92 (9,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 3:53:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

Regarding the oxymoron "technical support", I'm up to 14 days and counting of no SEND ability from a local client software package. Outbound client email went down two weeks ago – I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue – actually just trying to get someone at AT&T to acknowledge an issue exists.

I have call all of these numbers, some multiple time (and others I neglected to record):

866.435.3264 (billing)

If there is no applicable prompt, keep pressing "0" (at least six times in a row).

Good luck.

Regards,

fiero850

Regarding the oxymoron "technical support", I'm up to 14 days and counting of no SEND ability from a local client software package. Outbound client email went down two weeks ago – I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue – actually just trying to get someone at AT&T to acknowledge an issue exists.

I have call all of these numbers, some multiple time (and others I neglected to record):

866.435.3264 (billing)

If there is no applicable prompt, keep pressing "0" (at least six times in a row).

Good luck.

Regards,

fiero850

13 of 92 (9,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 3:53:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

Has anyone else gotten a message from Internet Security Services today stating that their e-mail address might of been compromised?

Has anyone else gotten a message from Internet Security Services today stating that their e-mail address might of been compromised?

possible compromised email

14 of 92 (9,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 4:46:49 PM
(0)
Teacher

I too was locked out , it looks like this morning.  Almost like they were hacked.  I got email at 3 am while I slept and now none of my accounts work and of course I cannot remember by favorite hobby or first job, one or both.  Who knows what i put back then.  My accounts like the others are signed on automatically so it is not a matter of forgetting a password     So now what.  finding someone to talk to or email is impossible if you dont have a pay account with them.  Do they want to get you to sign up to get help???

I too was locked out , it looks like this morning.  Almost like they were hacked.  I got email at 3 am while I slept and now none of my accounts work and of course I cannot remember by favorite hobby or first job, one or both.  Who knows what i put back then.  My accounts like the others are signed on automatically so it is not a matter of forgetting a password     So now what.  finding someone to talk to or email is impossible if you dont have a pay account with them.  Do they want to get you to sign up to get help???

15 of 92 (9,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 4:49:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

not sure but looks like several people's accounts had their passwords changed or deleted, including me, while they slept .. Something is surely going on.

not sure but looks like several people's accounts had their passwords changed or deleted, including me, while they slept .. Something is surely going on.

Re: possible compromised email

16 of 92 (9,653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 4:53:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi Mariana, same thing has happend to me and to others as you can see from previous posts.  I have email I HAVE to get to and I have no way to get it or to reset my password as i cannot remember what i put...i guess my hobbies have changed Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Can you help.  I suspect something odd happened for sure as I got emails at 3 am and then by 6 or so I couldnt get any and was told my password was bad on my iphone , which is automatic and couldnt have been wrong.

Hi Mariana, same thing has happend to me and to others as you can see from previous posts.  I have email I HAVE to get to and I have no way to get it or to reset my password as i cannot remember what i put...i guess my hobbies have changed Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Can you help.  I suspect something odd happened for sure as I got emails at 3 am and then by 6 or so I couldnt get any and was told my password was bad on my iphone , which is automatic and couldnt have been wrong.

Re: Email Hacked

17 of 92 (9,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 5:03:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

Same as many others, I woke to find that my password was not good anymore and I cannot reset it , either becuase that is also not working or I have forgotten what I put long ago.  I know the passwords are correct , I have used them for years and they are automatic in my phone and Ipad.  Something happened for sure.  A mass hack or breakdown somewhere but we need help and quick   I would email everyone to tell them not to email me cus I am down but ..........Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Same as many others, I woke to find that my password was not good anymore and I cannot reset it , either becuase that is also not working or I have forgotten what I put long ago.  I know the passwords are correct , I have used them for years and they are automatic in my phone and Ipad.  Something happened for sure.  A mass hack or breakdown somewhere but we need help and quick   I would email everyone to tell them not to email me cus I am down but ..........Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

email password shut down overnight

18 of 92 (9,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 5:03:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

same here

same here

Re: Sbcglobal.net free email

19 of 92 (9,636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 5:10:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

me too, what to do?

me too, what to do?

Re: sbcglobal free email address - hacked and locked!

20 of 92 (9,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 6:10:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,

My personal email account and subaccounts have been suspended and I am not sure why...although I am guessing our account may have been comprimised.  Can someone please provide the steps to restore our services.

Thank you,

Tom

Hi,

My personal email account and subaccounts have been suspended and I am not sure why...although I am guessing our account may have been comprimised.  Can someone please provide the steps to restore our services.

Thank you,

Tom

AT&T Yahoo! services suspended

21 of 92 (9,638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 6:14:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

yeah, don't know if a hacker gained access to the server because I have checked all my computers for malware, viruses, trojans, and worms.  All came up clean and I keep my anti-virus up to date.

yeah, don't know if a hacker gained access to the server because I have checked all my computers for malware, viruses, trojans, and worms.  All came up clean and I keep my anti-virus up to date.

22 of 92 (9,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 6:15:58 PM
(0)
Tutor
actually my e-mail was working at 2pm cdt then when I left work at 3:30pm I couldn't access my account. So it must of happened between 2 and 3:30
actually my e-mail was working at 2pm cdt then when I left work at 3:30pm I couldn't access my account. So it must of happened between 2 and 3:30

23 of 92 (9,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 6:26:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by alundy on Oct 15, 2013 at 6:26:58 PM

I got email at 3 am this morn but by 6 it wasnt working   makes me wonder if they are afraid there have been some security breeches on their end  and they are being pro active but not announcing it.  very frustrating

I got email at 3 am this morn but by 6 it wasnt working   makes me wonder if they are afraid there have been some security breeches on their end  and they are being pro active but not announcing it.  very frustrating

[ Edited ]
24 of 92 (9,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 6:37:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was looking for a press release warning of the possible breach.

I was looking for a press release warning of the possible breach.

25 of 92 (9,651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 6:51:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

me too but i cant find anything except several posting on here that they have issues, but it took me a lot of looking to find this forum so  not everyong would do it or there may be more to come as people check their emails  Just hope someone gets back to us to help  One person on one of the threads wasnt so encouraging.

me too but i cant find anything except several posting on here that they have issues, but it took me a lot of looking to find this forum so  not everyong would do it or there may be more to come as people check their emails  Just hope someone gets back to us to help  One person on one of the threads wasnt so encouraging.

26 of 92 (9,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 8:06:26 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 15, 2013 at 8:12:43 PM

After numerous attempts, AT&T locked it due to too many log in failures. My account would not allow me to log in using the same password I have for years. Called support and they say account is pending and if I will pay $15 they will look into. Really??? Please help.  Oh and I'm the main account holder and all my sub accounts can still access their e-mail. 

After numerous attempts, AT&T locked it due to too many log in failures. My account would not allow me to log in using the same password I have for years. Called support and they say account is pending and if I will pay $15 they will look into. Really??? Please help.  Oh and I'm the main account holder and all my sub accounts can still access their e-mail. 

[ Edited ]
27 of 92 (9,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 3:32:37 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by busymomofmany on Oct 16, 2013 at 3:35:35 AM

HELP! I have been locked out and can't get back in. I never changed my information. Now I'm locked out of my account for 24 hours AGAIN as I tried ALL DAY yesterday to log back in! Nothing I am doing is working. PLeASE PLEASE PLEASE Help. Thank you. 

HELP! I have been locked out and can't get back in. I never changed my information. Now I'm locked out of my account for 24 hours AGAIN as I tried ALL DAY yesterday to log back in! Nothing I am doing is working. PLeASE PLEASE PLEASE Help. Thank you. 

Re: Locked out of email / Account compromised?

[ Edited ]
28 of 92 (9,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:54:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

More instances listed here of same thing in last day

http://sitedown.co/att

This is likely an ATT issue.

More instances listed here of same thing in last day

http://sitedown.co/att

This is likely an ATT issue.

29 of 92 (9,560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 6:00:24 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, alundy!

I just wanted to let you know that I have received your private message and will be responding shortly. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, alundy!

I just wanted to let you know that I have received your private message and will be responding shortly. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

30 of 92 (9,546 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments