Protect yourself online
jktigger63's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2013 4:17 PM

Closed

Locked out of email / Account compromised?

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I tried to log into my email tonight and could not get in, I get the message:

You no longer have access to your AT&T Yahoo! account ***@att.net because your AT&T Yahoo! Internet services have been suspended.

I am getting this message for multiple of my email accounts, which is a major problem since they are the accounts I use for identity verification for a number of billing services.  I absolutely need access.  What do I need to do to get my email account unsuspended so that I can access it? 

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for at least 15 years... and some how it's now merged with ATT.   I AM SO FREAKIN' UPSET with ATT!  The other day I was shocked when I tried to login to my Yahoo account and the account said that I was entering the wrong password.  I emailed Yahoo and they told me they can't help me because my account is merged with ATT.  Yahoo directed me to call ATT - which I did and I spoke to 4 different people, 4 different times and NONE of them offered me any help whatsoever - 2 of them actually hung up on me.  (Now do you get why I'm upset with ATT?)  Really?  This is how you conduct your business ATT?

When I try to figure out why I cannot login on Yahoo, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide absolutely no solutions.  I tried everything under the sun to fix this and am at my breaking point.  I even called in an professional IT guy.  Who do I need to speak to at ATT to fix this? I receive MANY business emails daily that I need to deal with promptly, not to mention at least 15 years of data/pictures/etc. that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet for solutions on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct or non-existent.   Thanks for any help you can provide me. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I mostly use a gmail address now, but need to get some messages from my old sbcglobal address.  For about a month now I haven't been able to log in.  When I try to reset password, I get sent to an att email address that I never use.   I don't use ATT anymore.  How do I get into my old account?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Can't remember user name or password and have a new email

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @angelac58

I'm sorry you're having some issues with your email. Without an active internet service, your support options through AT&T are limited, as there is no AT&T account that your email is attached to and it's essentially a free Yahoo email account. Have you tried contacting Yahoo for help with that? You can also try calling AT&T's web support team at 1-877-312-5550, there might be some options available through that department.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Jshepherd95 Thank you for posting!

Have you tried resetting your password, is that when it tells you it was locked? Does it give you any next steps to try? Do you have an Internet service with AT&T or is your email a free email account?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

NO ONE CARES!!!!!

I have sent emails pleading.  I am old-ER-ish, learning computer with binary code and never thinking it would go anywhere so concentrated on shorthand and typing on an old fashion typewriter, up to 95 wpm...totally antiquated now.

My email is actually an SBCGLOBAL.NET, I need it. My files from my babies from 1994 on are in there. I have sent emails, no answer.

My computer savvy son, please do not doubt, he was actually writing his own computer software for Minecraft by 6th grade, allowing friends to skip an entire level...for a nominal fee.  Payable by a PayPal account he set up himself. By 7th grade, he was selling A+ study guides in his college prep school for $5 a piece, same price. He made a killing.  Never had a clue until his 8th grade graduation when a parent actually thanked me for Patrick's help in helping his son pass history.  Needless to say, my son is WICKED smart (think 4 years tuition paid for college for an academic scholarship...out of state, wayyy far from home because no way did he want to be near his parents, plus an extra $10K for expenses due to his demonstrated leadership...Eagle Scout).  Even HE helped me with sending a REQUEST to your "help center" because, as he calls me, "technically challenged"....and guess what?  NO REPLY.

It is now 5am on July 8th.  I have been locked out of my account since noon on June 23, 2016.  I have lost countless important emails dire to my search for a job, search for housing, and my banking institution.

I am not only considering contacting the Better Business Bureau (which everyone knows won't do diddly squat)...but hey, Social Media can be one heck of a way to spread the word of a business that WILL NOT HELP IT'S CUSTOMERS.

FUNNY, how I just had Joe over TODAY, July 7, 2016, to replace our router and two of our "flippers" due to our FOUR televisions in our UVERSE/phone/internet BUNDLE package not performing. Yet, I can't get a response from the AT&T help desk to GET MY sbcglobal.net accout UNBLOCKED!!!!!!

I would give you all of my private information, but I see you only block out that info anyway, and I don't now what the heck my att.com email address is...for god's sake.  DO SOMETHING!!!

Just to let you know I'm serious, and at the end of my rope, my account # is: *****

Thank You.

My Technician today was JOE.  Private number:  [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

DO SOMETHING.......NOW!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Angela

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.