For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
cminniect's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 1:06 AM

Kindle Fire - AT&T Email setup

I have tried many variations of setting up my att.net email on my new Kindle Fire with absolutely no success.

I have tried using the Yahoo selection that comes with the Kindle, doesn't work.

I have tried using the Other selection and entering the pop3/smtp servers and Ports from AT&T's email instructions, doesn't work.

Has anyone had success in setting this up?  If so, please try to recall the settings you used.  This is making me crazy.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Actually, I had issues the 1st time I tried - but I think there were issues with sbcglobal.net because the 2nd time I tried, it worked fine.

Selected Yahoo

Gave it my user name, including @sbcglobal.net

Gave it the password

Clicked on Next and away I went.

I do find that if I have < 2 bars on my connection, it is sometimes difficult to do anything.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

There is an easy to use Android App on Kindle Fires that can be used for multiple email addresses. Its very good.

Select Apps

Select Store

Search for "email"

Select the app called "email", it has a picture of a white envelope with a heart on the seal side.

Open

Select the lined box in the upper right corner, and select Settings.

Select Add Account.

Put in the Name, email address +/- an identifying word.

Default requires active selection

It recognizes Yahoo and connects without manual input of settings.

PS: this app has the capacity to save emails in folders.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The issue for me was just checking the box in your email settings on your main PC. The box that says "leave a copy on the server for xx days"

Without checking this the portable device will only share in any emails received while it's on, because the server is dumping the emails. 

checking this box also allows you to use web mail, unless you turn your PC off when you go on vacation. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.