Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 13, 2014
4:29:58 PM
Installing ATT email on Windows Mail

I would like to receive my att.net emails on my Windows Mail Live application.  I entered it as a new account however it is not working.  My incoming POP3 server is entered as "inbound.att.net" and the outbound SMTP is entered as "outbound.att.net"  I suspect the real problem lies in the Port numbers.  Outgoing mail Port is 995 and Incoming mail Port is 465.  Can anyone help me with this.  Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.  I did not get a response from the Windows Mail community.  Hoping someone in the ATT community can help.

I am very frustrated with Yahoo mail.  The features are definitely lacking in comparison to Windows Mail.

Thanks

I would like to receive my att.net emails on my Windows Mail Live application.  I entered it as a new account however it is not working.  My incoming POP3 server is entered as "inbound.att.net" and the outbound SMTP is entered as "outbound.att.net"  I suspect the real problem lies in the Port numbers.  Outgoing mail Port is 995 and Incoming mail Port is 465.  Can anyone help me with this.  Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.  I did not get a response from the Windows Mail community.  Hoping someone in the ATT community can help.

I am very frustrated with Yahoo mail.  The features are definitely lacking in comparison to Windows Mail.

Thanks

Installing ATT email on Windows Mail

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 10:37:35 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi @lillygirl 

Please see this article for all the information you should need, including the mail settings and a mail client specific instructions.

Set up or verify email client settings for AT&T email

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hi @lillygirl 

Please see this article for all the information you should need, including the mail settings and a mail client specific instructions.

Set up or verify email client settings for AT&T email

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Installing ATT email on Windows Mail

2 of 4 (80 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 11:03:51 AM
(1)
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  I was in touch yesterday with a community person and I finally got it to work with his suggestions.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.  I was in touch yesterday with a community person and I finally got it to work with his suggestions.

Thanks

3 of 4 (76 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2014 7:33:54 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Awesome, thank you for letting us know!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Awesome, thank you for letting us know!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (54 Views)