Protect yourself online
desertcomm's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 25th, 2015 12:54 AM

IMAP Inbox Not Syncing

OK -

Outlook for Mac 2011 on Macbook Pro w/Retina Display configured for IMAP on my bellsouth.net account stopped receiving new messages.  All other folders (Sent Items, Drafts, Trash, etc) sync/receive updates just fine, and my Inbox said it was connected but would not show new messages on either the local folder or the server folder.

Decided to rebuild database.  Issue remained.

Decided to uninstall Office for Mac and re-install.  Reconfigured properly.  Issue remained (again, bear in mind ALL folders with EXCEPTION of Inbox sync just fine).

Re-imaged Mac (for other reasons), reinstalled Office for Mac, reconfigured, issue remained.

Changed to Mail client on Mac.  Configured for IMAP service.  SAME ISSUE remained.

Loaded Outlook 2010 onto Windows machine, configured for IMAP services, SAME ISSUE REMAINED with error code 0x800CCC05 during Send/Receive (along with IMAP Server Closed the Connection errors intermittently as I browse the folders).  Again, all other folders sync fine.

Here's the kicker....

Clients on my iPhone, iPad, and Android phone work fine, and web mail for this same account shows all messages with no issue.  Android phone is configured for IMAP (moto-android.imap.mail.att.net), iPhone and iPad for default Yahoo account settings (could be POP3 with option to leave messages on server).

I contacted Tier 1 ATT support on this via chat - got a rep who verified my IMAP settings as correct, then just said "Well, it should be working."  She then sent a message saying that a third-party vendor support group would have to look into it, but disconnected the chat before giving me any contact info for the group, ticket number for the issue, reference, or anything.

I'm pretty sure my account needs a "reset" of some kind from the server side, since the usual client-side fixes are coming up nil.  I'm currently in Afghanistan, so if someone could drop me a line with some contact info for higher-tier support, or give me some suggestions I haven't tried, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Error Code details for "Your IMAP server closed the connection." on Outlook 2010 (Windows 7 machine):

IMAP4rev1 Server logging out

Protocol: IMAP

Server: imap.mail.att.net

Port: 993

Error Code: 0x800CCCDD

Checked the error code out using Google - nothing down that road seems to make sense.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

As of 3/26, it just started working again.

Go figure.

My assumption is that it was something on the server side, since all of my clients started working again at exactly the same time.

Thanks to all for the sympathetic thoughts...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.