For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Meant to ask "Why aren't these companies listening to their customers?"

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I advised previously how to change to basic view [upper right hand corner click on gear icon].

You can even filter with buttons directly above the email messages which I find almost a necessity. 

The only thing I don't see [if it's there] is; how to change font, size, color, etc. I see no italic, bold or underline.

Teacher

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

I just discovered a new major problem.

I noticed that for the past few weeks I have been getting far less emails than usual. I did not think much of it.

Today, I checked my spam folder and I found hundreds of emails that I should have recived.

All of a sudden most of my mail started going to spam, and from many different sources.

I selected all of them eventually and selected not spam.

And now they all show up at the top of my messages so I have no idea when those messages where actually recived. Some were from 2 weeks ago, and some from today I don't know which.

Before not-spam emails would go to their proper date recived locations, now everything is in front so I have hunderds of emails were they don't belong, and I have hard time finidng true recent emails.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My hatred and frustration of this service is unbounded.  EVERYTHING they do to "improve" just makes it worse.  It's unbelievable.  What has me going now is suddenly the tiny message screen just got tinier with some new thing at the bottom showing an envelope.  Between it and the freaking ads on the right I'm lucky if I can view 8 or 9 messages when I log on.  I'm gearing up to switch to another service when I can wrap my head around getting a new email address.  This is the only reason I'm still with them. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Change is welcomed when it is beneficial and makes my life more efficient but change for the sake of change is disasterous as we see now with the new Yahoo e-mail format!  I strongly urge you to cut out the threading format as it confuses me as to what I am forwarding on. I want to make the decisions on my site about what I keep or link or discard!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

After a recent email update I found that much of the contact information I had stored had been deleted unless it included an email address. I had alot of addresses and phone numbers along with information on birthdays and annivesaries that is all now gone. There was no warning that this would happen with an update. I am very upset about all the time wasted entering that information. Is that information stored hidden somewhere on the internet?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The new e-mail format SUCKS.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I despise the new e-mail format.  I think I am going to activate Outlook and dump Yahoo.  I hate not being able to sort by sender - that is something I used a lot to find e-mails and to quickly delete a sender's e-mails.  I don't like the conversation approach as Yahoo is using it, and have trouble locating my original e-mail in a conversation.  It also looks to me like forwarding a conversation also includes the e-mail addresses of folks in the conversation.  I do not want to forward anyones e-mail address, just like I would wish that they didn't forward mine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

WHAT I CAN NOT STAND ABOUT NEW EMAIL FORMAT

1. ALL MESSAGES GET GROUPED TOGETHER

2. REPLYING OR COMMENTING TO "ONE" MESSAGE ALL MESSAGES GET SENT

3. TRYING TO FIND "ORIGINAL" MESSAGE AND THEN AGAIN, ALL MESSAGES AFTER ORIGINAL MESSAGE GO WITH ANY REPLY

4. CURRENT MESSAGE SENT ALWAYS REPLYS BACK TO THAT SENDER EVEN WHEN GOING BAC TO ORIGINAL MESSAGE

ALL IN ALL JUST CAN'T STAND NEW FORMAT. I AM SERIOIUSLY CONSIDERING CHANGING INTERNET PROVIDER UNLESS CHANGES CAN BE MADE IN OPTIONS OR PREFERENCES WHICH I HAVE ALREADY TRIED

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@kmcpei1 Are you saying that you can't disable the "conversation" view when using the AT&T/Yahoo web email site?  

When I disable the conversation setting (Gear icon>Settings>Viewing email>When viewing message lists>Uncheck enable conversations>Save), I see that all messages are no longer grouped.

If I don't want to quote the previous message in my reply, I have to manually delete it.  No option to disable this unfortunately.

You can also switch back to the "basic mail" version via settings too.  (Gear icon>Settings>Viewing email>Mail version>check Basic>Save)

On the att.net homepage, bottom right, there's also a link to provide feedback.  I used it to share what was and wasn't working for me.  😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.