Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Please do not compare this "AT&T" with the old Ma Bell. I worked for the old Ma Bell, and it was a company dedicated to excellence and customer service, unlike this new company. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Now, this was helpful.  Thanks!  

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

10 years ago

@rcontrer wrote:

I worked for the old Ma Bell, and it was a company dedicated to excellence and customer service, unlike this new company. 

Basically, the "new" AT&T wanted to take advantage of the reputation of the old phone company without doing anything to uphold quality and service.   The U-Verse reps know nothing about their own products and just read boilerplate answers to you.   They farmed out responsibility for actual internet services and aren't interested in the dissatisfaction of their own customers. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I could go along with your explaination if I were using a free email service, but that is not the case. The ads that are plastered all over my PAID email are most certainly not part of the costs of doing business. The cost of doing business is offset by the ridiculously large amount of money I have to send AT&T every month. Not only are they annoying and intrusive, they eat up bandwidth. Every single month I keep getting hit with "overage" fees. If AT&T would quit plastering ads all over every page, I would probably stay well under the data cap. My latest bill has a $40 charge for additional data, that's on top of the $56 for DSL. If AT&T wants to plaster ads all over my PAID email, I should get an offset on my bill each month. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Why roll out a new version of mail when it doesn't ever work and keep suggesting one go back to "Basic"? Begs an explanation

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I heard if you switch back to "classic email" you can have some features back but i'm yet to figure out how to switch back to classic.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Harco 

There is no "Classic" view option, but what many users were referring to is the "Basic" email option, you can switch to Basic email in your Settings (Gear icon in the upper right corner).

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I meant basic view.  I tried it and it worked. Thank you.

I also read somewhere that using something other than internet explorer helps too and I used Firefox 30 and that worked as well.

Is there a way to filter email in my inbox?

for instance grouping all the emails by sender or by subject?

I miss that option.

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

ed: this Is a reply to another poster, srhaberman  May 31, 2014

ditto being with ATT for +15 yrs.

ditto this posters comments, especialy the part about formatting and the Send button.

Scrolling down several messages to Send a Reply to an email conversation of +2 messages is a waste of time that mounts up considerably!

THIS SHOULD BE AN EASY MODIFICATION!  DO IT!

ADD ANOTHER: THE SEARCH USED TO RETRIEVE WITH A FILTER TO FOLDERS AND DATES FOR THE INITIAL SEARCH CRITERIA. THAT IS GONE. ANOTHER BLOODY WASTE OF TIME!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you Maria for the link but it's clear from all the prior conversations that AT&T/Yahoo email customers are NOT HAPPY with the email format, me included. It's more work than it's worth and is hard to navigate. I'm not going to rattle off all of the issues, since customers have expressed them already. The sad thing is that AT&T/Yahoo are not listening to customer feedback. Thus they don't care. Someone had too much time on their hands in redesigning it. The old version worked just fine. I now spend minutes up on minutes trying to find older emails, and when my in-box says I have new emails they are not there - taked forever for them to pop up.

Sadly I will have to move on to gmail or elsewhere, and sadly it's a real pain to change email accounts.

WHY ARE THESE COMPANIES IISTENING TO US?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.