Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

the new one SUCKS. I hate it, I hate ATT. you ineffective greedy pigs.

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

While most features seem to work, I cannot set up a vacation response. I am able to find the "settings, vacation response", but it will NOT allow me to change dates.

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I finally got vacation response to work - never mind!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Ever since the new e-mail upgrade, I have experienced so many problems. I have to search around within the e-mail settings or other places to find the answer to the mystery.  Why does this have to be so difficult every time you make an upgrade? It's a waste of my time. Don't you have people who test it first?  In some cases, I never find the answer, because the e-mail just doesn't work the way all e-mails should.  Then other times it does.  The latest problem is that I cannot move inbox e-mail to a folder. This shouldn't happen. I don't have time to wait around for ATT to discover the problem, and I don't have the time to keep coming back to the forum to report the problems.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I, too, don't think there is any improvement in this new upgrade.  I have great difficulty finding emails in my list when there have been replies to it.  I turned off conversations but it still does not list the way I would expect.  It is pretty convoluted.

Worst thing is that I can't seem to cut & paste the To: list to another email any more.  All I get are a list of names.  This is very frustrating as I am a member of several large groups (50+ members).

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Why hide features like sort by sender? Also, I sometimes would like to forward an email and reply to the original sender without including the forward. Why force us to relearn something that works fine? I think I'll just switch to gmail or something. The hassle of changing an email addres now doesn't seem so bad after struggling with this s*&%.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hey, me too! I just registered for this forum to complain about the new email format. But while I'm at it, anyone really tried to negotiate AT&T's website without giving up and just saying {edited for word filter evasion} it?

Curator

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am very displeased with the new format of email.  There are several issues that are troublesome:

1. The emails are grouped into conversations instead of individual postings.  I have missed several replies to an email with this feature.  I have now unchecked the conversation mode after reading other postings about the problem but it was unclear to me previous to reading this thread.

2. Switching back to Basic mode just creates more problems because there are no features available on Basic, such as Basic does not recognize groups and does not recognize names, thus I have to look up and type out the entire e-addresss.  Basic also makes editing contacts difficult or impossible.

3. The typing jumps around for no reason when I am composing an email.

4. Forwarded messages will not forward images. 

5. I do not want to see "ME" as sender - I want to see the actual e-address.

Plus, I also agree with all the the other problems others have posted on this topic.

Please resolve these issues or revert back to the Classic mode of email. 

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

All your questions have been answered numerous times in various threads here.

Curator

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

K9jdk:

I don't care if they have been answered numerous times.  I don't want to spend hours going through pages and pages of posts to find answers.  Plus I posted this to let ATT know that they have another unhappy customer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.