For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Let's re-hash this common thread.  You can attempt to "opt-out" of whatever you want, but the ads and sponsored links will still appear.  So don't waste your time trying - all of the ATT employees and support staff are lying if they say you can manage those. Doesn't work.  Smiley Mad

So, you can select a "basic" email format.  Guess what, when you do that, they throttle your connection speed, triple the amount of space you use on the screen, and screw you any other way they can.  At least with the "basic" format, you can select how your inbox messages are in order.  With the new format, you cannot even get your messages to post in order by sender - as in alphabetical.  How basic!

This is like big government or big brother telling us everything is o.k. while not really giving one water stopping device about the consumers.  We're all headed off the same cliff if we continue with this company.

Don't get me wrong, Ads are important, and should be used to offset the costs of the service; however, when the overwhelming user (consumer/customer) response is "this sucks" and "looks like I should switch email accounts" maybe it is time to listen.   ATT - are you listening???  Looks like we should ALL explore other ISPs with better practices and email providers with better business practices as well.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

And one more thing.... if you copy yourself on an email to verify that it was sent correctly, the inbox shows from Me to Me?

Does ATT have 2nd graders coming up with this stuff?  Are the inmates running the asylum there?  Are there bars on all the doors and windows and no one is allowed to get any sunshine?  Did they not get enough fries with their happy meals?  Do they only have forks with on tine?  At this rate, it sounds llike you could harness all that mental energy from the programmers, and you might be able to toast some bread, lightly - at least warm it a degree.    unreal...   heavy sigh...

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Absolutely hate the new look and the way it operates. 

I get it they want to keep up with windows 8 and tablet users and all the other new gadget users Can't all the IT people who work for att make up different versions/apps for all those other users? I pay enough for that to happen.

However, when I want the look of my email to change for God's sake I need to be the one to make the

changes.

Oh well ....and since the price keeps going up...up and up.....have already found cheaper internet/email

will be leaving soon. Not a fan of all the monopoly companies.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Yes, please, somebody help with this. It's so annoying that we can't sort by sender anymore!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The new e-mail sucks, no advance warning, just change. I hate it, Think I'll call Charter Cable

Guru

• 

921 Messages

10 years ago

So you're going to change isp's just to get a new email address? There's this thing called Gmail and it's free

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

AMEN. I'm with you, I'm jumping ship too. Stuck with AT&T for 15 years because the previous format was clean. This change is beyond anything I can tolerate. I now dread checking my email every morning. It's absolute DREAD.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

ATT - Are you listening yet?  Responding?  Answering these questions?  Or are you waiting for enough customers to leave before you make another business decision to fix things.

Just think of the thousands upon thousands of other customers who are upset that aren't willing to take the time to let you know via a forum.  Better wise up, but at this point, does not seem likely.

... the silence is deafening...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Does any one hate the new e-mail format as much as I do? why do they keep screwing with things? I can't select a board, thats nbot working either!!!!!!!

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Why has there been little or no response from AT&T? Are they choosing to ignore their users? I would think that they should have performed a beta test using "real" end users to provide feedback, rather than simply announcing that the email will be changed. What's your response, AT&T, if you're even listening?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.