For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

What and Where is that option?

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

At the top right hand corner, I looked at the user name, then it offered a list to select, the first one being "profile". I scrolled down to "options" (hit "go"), and it shows the choice "send and receive email from other email services". Mine only shows AT&T Yahoo Mail, and the option at the bottom, titled "Switch now" allowed me to switch back to "basic" by selecting that choice.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Similarly I registered to this forum to vent my distaste...

1) The render times between message tabs and message panes are excruciating slow. Was this tested?

2) Was this the intern's UX project?

3) The tabs are lost in the haze of the UI.

4) The render times between message tabs and message panes are excruciating slow. Was this tested?

5) No option to return to the look and feel of orginal UI, irrespective of how the UI operated underneath.

6) Why is the message tool bar at the bottom of the message? This layout does not make sense with a user eyeline for checking the message before sending.

7) The render times between message tabs and message panes are excruciating slow. Was this tested?

I'm moving to Gmail and Outlook - this is such a bad experience, please take note Product Manager / Community Manager. Would you white label this product? Yes, I'm in tech and need reliable email, I'm not a user that needs irrelevant advertising (which I don't even mentally see on your UI anyway) and I certainly don't need to be beta / A/B testing for something so essential to my work flow.

I'm done.

-ChromaBurst

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I have to use gmail at work.  I can at least read the fonts. 

The new AT&T fonts look out of focus on my LCD monitor.  Pixels are missing on some letters.  I can't change the crappy font.  Is it too much to ask to let me change the font I want to look at to something I can see clearly?  I changed size, but that didn't help. Smiley Mad

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe she's actually a corporate saboteur trying to run all of us Cretiins off of Yahoo and into the arms of gmail.  Gmail where 10,000 Chinese hackers stand ready to take your personal data and distribute it to the four winds.  No thanks.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

There are tabs?  Where?  Don't show up in Firefox.  Is the haze of UI like the "fog of war"?  If so, I know why I can't see the tabs.

They are shrouded in the mist.

ChromaBurst is totally right.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Am I the only one who cannot restore the formatting text toolbar? I went through the Yahoo help functions, found an answer, but the solution referred to a change in settings, which no longer exists as described. When subsequently checking the "contact us" feature, it looped me back to where I was in the first place! I'm also finding that I cannot forward email which contain images, nor can I copy and paste into a new email. What's up with that?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

ATTMarianaCM

How is this a "Community – Accepted Solution"? No one is upvoting it to make it so - ever visited Stack Overflow to see this actually working in real world with Stack Exchange? Could you please private email me the contact detail of the product manger responsible for Yahoo! Email and it's affilates?

-ChromaBurst

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I completely agree. The 'new improved' format is 'anything but'. I have all intentions of finding another internet provider. There are so many to choose from, why put up with AT&T? The arrogance of them to suggest that it's just us that has to learn to use and get used to it. AS IF it is US and not THEM. The layout is insulting to our intelligence. "User friendly" doesn't mean dumbing things down so much and treating everyone like we're in Kindergarten. Who's email is this? Oh! It's "Me". What point size type should I use? "Small, Large, Larger"? Putting photo downloading at the bottom! How is that considered progress and helpful? It's completely inconvenient and the OPPOSITE of user friendly! If this was released on April Fools Day, I would have been sure it was a JOKE but it lives on. Every day that I've had it, I hope that they realize how bad they screwed up and return it to the previous. I tried the Basic version but it offers no features at all. All the same bottom feeder problem.... no choice of fonts, italics, colors. If you google transferring your email... you will learn how you can transfer your emails to another provider. I had stuck with this email provider for 15 years. Many people have suggested I find another one that was cheaper but I was willing to pay the cost that continually went higher and higher. Why? Because I LOVED the (old) format. I am now jumping ship as fast as I can. Just wanted to say goodbye to all of you and suggest you do the same thing. Why suffer fools? "Me"

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have no tabs either, using Chrome. How is this progress? I'm moving all my email to a new provider. I can't suffer this. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.