For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I already don't love the new features. Discovered on the first two compositions:

1) Every time I alt-tabbed away and back, the email composition jumped in the window; that's an effective way to ruin the train of thought.

2) I realized after sending that I needed to forward the first email to another. I entered an incorrect recipient, then after removing and starting to type the correct name but the pop-up box to "help" me with removing the erronous email would not go away. Nor could I find where to save the draft as it seemed the only solution was to close the browser.

To say the new email sucks would be kind.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

A request:

I love my parents dearly, how can I keep them from getting switched to the new email?

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is a joke. Please revert back to the old setup. There is no excuse we are paying customers. Why would you put an advertisement right in the inbox area unless your intent was to bait people to click the ad that has been made to look like an email thus generating yourself revenue based on how many clicks the ad has. What justification do you have for these changes and our inability to revert back to the old style?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

NOOOOOOOO!!! After they reversed their earlier decision to move to the very lame and confusing new format, without any notice and opt-in, without correcting any of the earlier problems identifed on this and other forums - they went ahead and changed the format.

As before, this is confusing, there are very strange "me" references that pop up, I cannot figure out how to switch between a name/subject sort and the general in -box, when you delete a single messge you seem to delete the whole conversation.

This is the same screwed up mess they tried to foist upon us a month ago.  What gives?  Time to move to gmail or some other option.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

New look!  Anyone else unhappy with the new format?  Difficult to read, find your away around and generally unacceptable.  Then it takes me a half hour to find anyway to give feedback to ATT, as though it clearly doesn't want to hear what its customers think.  Go back to the old screen etc.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Try outlook.com/email it's free and they do not allow anyone to read your mail.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

The font SUCKS! Where's my preview pane?  ATT-Yahoo web mail has totally googled their format up.  Please go back.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Found the preview pane and turned it back on.  Font still looks like crap.

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I agree, since I also had to register to this forum to vent my distaste. For me, neither version is desirable anymore. I switched back to the basic, and now, when I type in a group name for emailing to a specific list of contacts, it does not recognize it. Instead, I now have to go to the contact list, select the group, manually check each name (no "check all" feature), insert into the "To:" list, etc. It makes any use of group mailing useless, or at least, more time consuming. I also liked the ability to have multiple email tabs open at one time, so I could view one, while composing another. I don't like the cross referencing of calendars, contact lists, etc., since I recently found that the same thing now occurs on my wireless phone. You need to allow users to select the email setup which works best for them. Some like the new features, others have no use for them. Is there ANY way to find a compromise?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Boy do I agree about the sponsored ad at the top.  Can't tell you how many times I clicked on it by mistake and wound up on a web page.  Ick. 

Also, why can we not have a dashboard to use like the one at the top of this post where you can add or insert something besides just ATT emoticons and pictures that don't come from flickr.  I don't have a flickr account and highly dowubt I will get one.  I have photobucket but how can I post pictures.  I have the html link but no way to insert an html or image link into these emails.

And then I feel some sort of introduction to the new mail could have been given BEFORE springing it on everyone.  You know, an email mentioning the impending change so we could have gotten into the change before it came??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.