Protect yourself online
andped1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 29th, 2012 1:05 PM

How to change my primary email address? Acct now gets tons of spam mail and want to change it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

andped1 wrote:
How to change my primary email address? Acct now gets tons of spam mail and want to change it.

Welcome andped1.  I'm sorry to hear about the unwanted emails.  The following solution provides information on your member ID which is associated with your primary email address...

All about your Member ID

As an alternative, the following solutions offer tips on how to avoid email SPAM, reporting it and how to block a specific sender...

Tips to avoid email spam

How do I block mail from a specific sender? Can I un-block it later?

Regards,

Alex

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you Alex,

I have already been using the "block sender" option however I get the same emails from another domain a few days after they figure out they have been blocked, how they know they have been blocked is beyond me. I get approximately 30 to 50 unwanted emails a day. So when I don't go in for a few days.... :^/  

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@andped1 wrote:

Thank you Alex,

I have already been using the "block sender" option however I get the same emails from another domain a few days after they figure out they have been blocked, how they know they have been blocked is beyond me. I get approximately 30 to 50 unwanted emails a day. So when I don't go in for a few days.... :^/  

Glad to help!  🙂  I would definitely try using the SPAM reporting option referenced in the article too.

Regards,

Alex

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

i have the same problem. but your answer is just for the primary access id. we want to change the

primary email address. someone has been using my email address and i want to change it. this has nothing to do with the primary member id. i have free email and want to change just the email address and to keep everything in it like my folders etc. i was told i could change this email address and keep everything in it. our access id is ok just need to change the primary email address. we all know that we can add sub email addresses. but we do not want to take the time to forward our emails from the primary to another account. we just want to change the primary email address we cannot do. it will not let us.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

your link is not working. he was asking to change primary email address not the primary id. two different things

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Question? how should my e-mail read ***@att.net or **@att.com

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.