• 

6.7K Messages

Friday, November 7th, 2014 11:05 PM

Closed

How to Change your AT&T E-mail Password

­

Change your AT&T E-mail Password

To change your AT&T online password:
  1. Sign in with your current user ID and password.
  2. Select View Profile from the Top Nav Profile at the top of the page.
  3. Select Sign in Info.
  4. Select Change sign in password.
  5. Change your password.
  6. Save changes.
If you need to reset your password because you forgot it, select Forgot your Password? from the sign in page.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

817 Messages

8 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have changed by AT&T password many times but it does not change the password for my e-mail account which is sbcglobal that goes through yahoo.  When I log into the yahoo login, it only accepts my old password but does not let me change my password and redirects me to at&t password change which does NOT change my e-mail password no matter how many times I change it!  This has been very frustrating & it when I call into AT&T nobody can help me - all they do is tell me to go through AT&T id which does nothing but keep changing my AT&T id!  VERY FRUSTRATED!

Christy

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @CB5151,

If you are using an iPhone to reset the password, we recommend using a web browser. A password reset on the ATT account will only working if the accounts a merged. This article goes over how you can change your email. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

We used to have ATT e-mail, but that got changed to sbcglobal. When we signed up for U-Verse I had to create another account which I have never looked at. I never know if I am dealing with sbcglobal, att or yahoo. I access my e-mail through Thunderbird. Now I am supposed to change my password. Do I got to ATT, Yahoo or Sbcglobal - or all of the above - to change it? Then do I have to go into Thunderbird to change it there? Does this affect myt gmail account (which seems to be a lot simpler since ATT blocks mail from some providers)? This seems to be unnecessarily complicated.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem for my .bellsouth.net email account.  Using a pc on myatt web page.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

This apparently is occurring to all PC based apps non webmail. I can login via webmail (with current pwd) but I have to use my old password in MS Outlook for 1 of my email addresses not both, so 1 works the other does not.

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about the issues. Try using the Chrome browser if still having problems. We have seen some issues with other browsers.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My father-in-law is having the same problem with his sbcglobal.net account. Mr./Ms. Administrator, it is not the web browser. He can log into his mail using the web browser. However, no mail client can log in- not on his computer, not on mine. not with POP, not with IMAP. It complains of a bad user name or password, even though they are known to be good because webmail login works. The message is: "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password."

He has already spent $49 for someone to spend hours on his computer, and only made things worse- the original problem was for outbound mail only, now it's both directions. So I suspect it's something to do with the password on the imap/pop servers not being the same as the webmail system.

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@mbernhardt

This is a known Yahoo issue, it's being investigated and there is 2 different possible fixes. One is to use chrome to log in and change the password. Something differs between chrome and the other browsers that allow the password change to flow correctly (I would guess something to do with the certificates). The 2nd possible fix is call or chat customer service and tell them that your passwords are out of sync, they have a tool that can fix that. if they are clueless, tell them its Yahoo outage #86772.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I just tried resetting his password using my Mac Safari on his behalf, and it seems to have worked! However, we tried that from his Mac last night and it didn't work. We may have used a different URL to do it. The link that worked started from here:

https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?actionType=ProfileChangePwd&vhname=www.att.com:443&vhname=www.att.com:443

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.