Protect yourself online
Dan Buie's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 3:42 PM

How can I email all in a group with one click?

How can I email all in a group with one click?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Dan Buie - On the mail page click - contacts
on the list of contacts select names for the group
click - assign to list - type in a name for the group - click done
To send to group type the list name in the address.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

aviewer, how can I find the mail page you mention above? Every time I try to find something on my own, the system redirects me exactly in the opposite direction. Even finding this page was only by accident. I find the ATT pages extremally unfriendly. They use a naming language not found in others, known to me. To find this one again, I have just copied the address and pasted in a known document.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Oops, I see I made some mistake: this is about using e-mail. And I'm looking for solutions how to navigate on these unfriendly ATT pages.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

marecak - It appears you marked the e-mail response as helpful/solution. So, you are are all set with your original problem??

I agree the web site is very difficult to navigate and find solutions. It seems to keep referring you to something else instead of providing an answer. Instead of narrowing down to a specific it keeps expanding the possibilities until it blows up.

I break my needs down to three categories -

1) Forum articles
2) at&t documentation
3) links where you can do something

Up to now the best way to avoid circumlocution is to use generic Google or Yahoo or Bing to narrow down to what you want.
If you use the at&t search you may get results that are forum or documentation & you will have to struggle.
If you use the ask a question entry on the U-verse page you will be searching the forum. The default order of the results is "best Match". When I type one word How acan any result be better than another & how is it possible to rate them?? I prefer by date. Hoe could I make by date my default. You will probably need to use advanced search.
Google generally finds things the other two do not.

There is a new, at least I understand that it is new, feature prominently displayed on the myatt page - A fill in block that says I want to. I believe this is is the only direct path to do something. THe other two searches just produce gibberish descriptions. We will have to see if it is complete & easy to use. But, the concept is the best. Give it a try & let at&t know if it works or not. e.g If I want to turn on/off paperless bill, I look at the pull down list to find Manage billing, click on it & go to the page wuth the switch.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello Ace Expert!

The AT&T email is not recognizing the contact list name.  It is searching in the individual contacts.  Your answer above is not working.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Agreed, while this may have been true at some time in the past, it is no longer true. As far as I can tell, there is no longer any way to send to all members of a list with just one click. One needs to select that list from the list of contacts, then check off each member of that list one-by-one. (AARRGGHH!!). AT&T/Yahoo! PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.