Protect yourself online
fakebill's profile

Participant

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 5th, 2015 1:57 PM

Constantly changing IP addresses??

For the past 3-4 weeks, my IP address over DSL has been changing regularly, sometimes as often as every hour. I realize that IP addresses change regularly but not that often. When it changes it knocks me off the VOIP phone while it resets.

I have checked all the internal connections, ie. modem, connected devices, etc., and the problem does not appear to be internal. My modem internet connection light will turn red while the IP is being reset. It also appears to happen most frequently during rain or high wind conditions. Have changed the DSL filter also.

Either SBC is running out of IP addresses very quickly or the connection from pole to the house is having a problem. The current situation is untenable over the long run.

Any suggestions???

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @fakebill 

I'm sorry you're having some issues with your Internet service. It sound to me like your connection is being dropped, and then as soon as it reconnects it gets assigned a new IP address. Sounds like there might be some issues with your line or equipment, you'll need to contact technical support, for DSL High Speed, I believe the number is 1-888-321-2375.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.