Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 17, 2013
5:33:27 PM
View profile
Configuring Outlook 2011 for iMac with att.net

I'm running Apple OS X v10.8.2 (12C60) aka, Mountain Lion, and MS Office for Mac 2011, v14.2.5 (121010).  I have followed the advice and settings from another thread (same subject) and worked with the att 24/7 esupport help team and I'm dead in the water (sts).  I keep receiving the following errors, "Authentication failed because Outlook doesn't support any of the available authentication methods", with the following details - Could not retrieve mail. Account name: "Att", Error code: - 17897.  I can't receive or send emails via Outlook.

I've been using Outlook email features for years with cox and would really need Outlook to work with my new att.net account.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone.

Thanks!

I'm running Apple OS X v10.8.2 (12C60) aka, Mountain Lion, and MS Office for Mac 2011, v14.2.5 (121010).  I have followed the advice and settings from another thread (same subject) and worked with the att 24/7 esupport help team and I'm dead in the water (sts).  I keep receiving the following errors, "Authentication failed because Outlook doesn't support any of the available authentication methods", with the following details - Could not retrieve mail. Account name: "Att", Error code: - 17897.  I can't receive or send emails via Outlook.

I've been using Outlook email features for years with cox and would really need Outlook to work with my new att.net account.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Configuring Outlook 2011 for iMac with att.net

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 18, 2013 8:36:17 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

JugKS1996,    

Sorry to hear that your having this trouble. I have included two links below.

I found this first link perusing the web for answers, it's off the Microsoft help site.

Microsoft Support

This link is off our ATT forum and has a lot of helpful information on this subject.

Forum find

I hope between these two links your problem will be solved.

Thank You,

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

JugKS1996,    

Sorry to hear that your having this trouble. I have included two links below.

I found this first link perusing the web for answers, it's off the Microsoft help site.

Microsoft Support

This link is off our ATT forum and has a lot of helpful information on this subject.

Forum find

I hope between these two links your problem will be solved.

Thank You,

James

Re: Configuring Outlook 2011 for iMac with att.net

2 of 2 (1,640 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments