Protect yourself online
clairecantrell's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 9th, 2014 8:25 PM

Closed

Can't change sbcglobal password!!

Unfortunately, my account was hacked and now random people keep adding their email accounts to mine and apparently my name is "Ben Kossi" (it's not). When I try to change my password, it takes me to a page where I'm prompted to answer my security questions but I don't have any! I signed up for my sbcglobal account years ago. This was back before the required you to choose and answer security questions, so I don't have any associated with my account. I can't proceed from there. I called att to get technical support and. They told me they didn't know what to do and I basically have to live with it.

Please tell me there is some way that this can be fixed so I don't have to delete my whole account and start a new one!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Did you have a yahoo account before? This is the same issue I've had for over three years. I too had a sbcglobal.net account that was merged with my yahoo account. Once my yahoo account was hacked I never was able to change it. I've spent several hours on the phone with Yahoo and AT&T and both state its not their problem to fix. I followed the direction listed on ATT and once my account was deleted I was told sorry because you've deactivated the account there's nothing we can do. I asked for the account to be deactivated and they told me no but once they suspected suspicious activity it was shut down. Well guess what? I couldn't access it but the hacker(s) have somehow found a way to reactive the account and have begun to send emails again. I doubt you will get any solution to this problem. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. I hope you get a resolution but your issue sounds similar to mines. Smiley Sad

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The government can hack my email and spy on my phone but att can't change a password for one of its customers....I just can't wrap my brain around it.

Sent from my iPhone

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello clairecantrell,

When did you lose access to your account? If it was more than 12 months ago, it might have been canceled and released. If it's something that happened recently, you can call AT&T's Web Support team at 1-877-312-5550 for assistance.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I haven't lost access to the account. Other spammers are adding their email addresses on mine. So I think when I send emails, people may be getting spammed. They also found a way to change my name on the account to Ben Kossi and that's not me. I simply need to change my password so these people no longer have access.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

If you can log into your account at att.net, go to your settings (Gear button in the upper right corner), then select Account and Change my Password, and follow the steps to reset your password. If you're having issues with that, call the number in my previous post and they will help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

Unfortunately your in stuck with same dilemma as most of us. The same thing
happened to me. When AT&T was SBC GLOBAL they someone how merged accounts
without most knowing. Once the hacker gets a hold of your account Yahoo
nor AT&T know what to do so sadly were stuck. My yahoo account was hacked
years ago and all because I can't change the password someone is probably
still using it. I followed all the directions provided to me and nothing
worked. Good luck

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So I have been going on and on with ATT for hours and they are stupid

.  How do they not know they took over SBC and now how to help people after all this time?  I just had a lady (not American, say that ATT did not take over SBC)  I am to the point of tears.

Am I now to believe that all is hopeless?  Somehow the fools at ATT managed to delete my password and so it's not accesable at all.  If they can do that why can't they give me a new one?

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

ATT did not take over SBC, SBC took over ATT and took the ATT name... just FYI

But if you pm me your information I will take a look at it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you so so much......now how do I PM you? 😞

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

click my name there in my signature. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.