Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 9, 2014
1:25:52 PM
View profile
Can't change sbcglobal password!!
Unfortunately, my account was hacked and now random people keep adding their email accounts to mine and apparently my name is "Ben Kossi" (it's not). When I try to change my password, it takes me to a page where I'm prompted to answer my security questions but I don't have any! I signed up for my sbcglobal account years ago. This was back before the required you to choose and answer security questions, so I don't have any associated with my account. I can't proceed from there. I called att to get technical support and. They told me they didn't know what to do and I basically have to live with it.

Please tell me there is some way that this can be fixed so I don't have to delete my whole account and start a new one!
Unfortunately, my account was hacked and now random people keep adding their email accounts to mine and apparently my name is "Ben Kossi" (it's not). When I try to change my password, it takes me to a page where I'm prompted to answer my security questions but I don't have any! I signed up for my sbcglobal account years ago. This was back before the required you to choose and answer security questions, so I don't have any associated with my account. I can't proceed from there. I called att to get technical support and. They told me they didn't know what to do and I basically have to live with it.

Please tell me there is some way that this can be fixed so I don't have to delete my whole account and start a new one!

Can't change sbcglobal password!!

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 6:23:36 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Taylarie on Aug 10, 2014 at 6:42:22 PM

Did you have a yahoo account before? This is the same issue I've had for over three years. I too had a sbcglobal.net account that was merged with my yahoo account. Once my yahoo account was hacked I never was able to change it. I've spent several hours on the phone with Yahoo and AT&T and both state its not their problem to fix. I followed the direction listed on ATT and once my account was deleted I was told sorry because you've deactivated the account there's nothing we can do. I asked for the account to be deactivated and they told me no but once they suspected suspicious activity it was shut down. Well guess what? I couldn't access it but the hacker(s) have somehow found a way to reactive the account and have begun to send emails again. I doubt you will get any solution to this problem. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. I hope you get a resolution but your issue sounds similar to mines. Smiley Sad

Did you have a yahoo account before? This is the same issue I've had for over three years. I too had a sbcglobal.net account that was merged with my yahoo account. Once my yahoo account was hacked I never was able to change it. I've spent several hours on the phone with Yahoo and AT&T and both state its not their problem to fix. I followed the direction listed on ATT and once my account was deleted I was told sorry because you've deactivated the account there's nothing we can do. I asked for the account to be deactivated and they told me no but once they suspected suspicious activity it was shut down. Well guess what? I couldn't access it but the hacker(s) have somehow found a way to reactive the account and have begun to send emails again. I doubt you will get any solution to this problem. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. I hope you get a resolution but your issue sounds similar to mines. Smiley Sad

Re: Can't change sbcglobal password!!

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 7:30:54 PM
(0)
Contributor
The government can hack my email and spy on my phone but att can't change a password for one of its customers....I just can't wrap my brain around it.

Sent from my iPhone
The government can hack my email and spy on my phone but att can't change a password for one of its customers....I just can't wrap my brain around it.

Sent from my iPhone

3 of 6 (927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 2:32:07 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello clairecantrell,

When did you lose access to your account? If it was more than 12 months ago, it might have been canceled and released. If it's something that happened recently, you can call AT&T's Web Support team at 1-877-312-5550 for assistance.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello clairecantrell,

When did you lose access to your account? If it was more than 12 months ago, it might have been canceled and released. If it's something that happened recently, you can call AT&T's Web Support team at 1-877-312-5550 for assistance.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 2:55:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
I haven't lost access to the account. Other spammers are adding their email addresses on mine. So I think when I send emails, people may be getting spammed. They also found a way to change my name on the account to Ben Kossi and that's not me. I simply need to change my password so these people no longer have access.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
I haven't lost access to the account. Other spammers are adding their email addresses on mine. So I think when I send emails, people may be getting spammed. They also found a way to change my name on the account to Ben Kossi and that's not me. I simply need to change my password so these people no longer have access.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

5 of 6 (906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 3:02:05 PM
(0)
Community Manager

If you can log into your account at att.net, go to your settings (Gear button in the upper right corner), then select Account and Change my Password, and follow the steps to reset your password. If you're having issues with that, call the number in my previous post and they will help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

If you can log into your account at att.net, go to your settings (Gear button in the upper right corner), then select Account and Change my Password, and follow the steps to reset your password. If you're having issues with that, call the number in my previous post and they will help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (905 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments