Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 21, 2012
10:02:03 AM
View profile
Can't access old yahoo email account

Back in 2003 I have a yahoo email account. I used it until 2009 when i became unable to log into it. I NEED to get back into this account. When i try to log in on the yahoo page my password does not work. When I try to do a forgot my password or my account has been compromised, it kicks me over to the ATT page.

Heres where it gets complicated. In 2009 my mom opened an ATT account in my name with out me knowing. I had the account closed as she basically stole my identity. 

So when I try to do a password reset via the att page, it tells me my account is inactive and that I cannot do that.

A few months ago I sopke with ATT customer service and they told me that my yahoo and att accounts had been merged but that they didn't think I would be able to get into my yahoo account. 

I don't buy it,  does anyone out there have any ideas how I might get into my yahoo mail????

Back in 2003 I have a yahoo email account. I used it until 2009 when i became unable to log into it. I NEED to get back into this account. When i try to log in on the yahoo page my password does not work. When I try to do a forgot my password or my account has been compromised, it kicks me over to the ATT page.

Heres where it gets complicated. In 2009 my mom opened an ATT account in my name with out me knowing. I had the account closed as she basically stole my identity. 

So when I try to do a password reset via the att page, it tells me my account is inactive and that I cannot do that.

A few months ago I sopke with ATT customer service and they told me that my yahoo and att accounts had been merged but that they didn't think I would be able to get into my yahoo account. 

I don't buy it,  does anyone out there have any ideas how I might get into my yahoo mail????

Accepted Solution

Can't access old yahoo email account

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 21, 2012 12:09:56 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

banana12345,

According to your post you haven't logged into your email since 2009 which is a very long time. In the following link from Yahoo it explains a few ways in which your account would have been deactivated.

Yahoo help

Thank you,

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

banana12345,

According to your post you haven't logged into your email since 2009 which is a very long time. In the following link from Yahoo it explains a few ways in which your account would have been deactivated.

Yahoo help

Thank you,

James

Re: Can't access old yahoo email account

2 of 5 (5,305 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2013 3:17:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

thank you for all posting answers. unfortunately none of the answers worked for me. i called at&t, yahoo and spent hours on this. I guess i'm leaving at&t. i cannot seem to get any resolution. very poor customer service!

thank you for all posting answers. unfortunately none of the answers worked for me. i called at&t, yahoo and spent hours on this. I guess i'm leaving at&t. i cannot seem to get any resolution. very poor customer service!

3 of 5 (4,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 5:45:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem, I lost my address book, and folders..

Neither AT&T or Yahoo will help..

I wonder what would happen if I delete yahoo? Will all my stuff come back?

I have the same problem, I lost my address book, and folders..

Neither AT&T or Yahoo will help..

I wonder what would happen if I delete yahoo? Will all my stuff come back?

4 of 5 (3,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 8:28:18 AM
(0)
Community Manager

If your email account is not used for a long time, the hosting company (Yahoo) will eventually close it to free up server space, but they might have it suspended first. Have you tried resetting your password?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

If your email account is not used for a long time, the hosting company (Yahoo) will eventually close it to free up server space, but they might have it suspended first. Have you tried resetting your password?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (3,267 Views)