Internet Forums

Posted Aug 23, 2012
6:40:31 AM
View profile
Can I set sub-account as pop3

I have longstanding main account and 2 sub-accounts as pop3 accounts.  Today I tried to set up a new sub-account that turned out to be imap.  Is it possible to set up as pop3 or am I stuck with imap from now on?

I have longstanding main account and 2 sub-accounts as pop3 accounts.  Today I tried to set up a new sub-account that turned out to be imap.  Is it possible to set up as pop3 or am I stuck with imap from now on?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 23, 2012 7:25:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's been a while since I've done it, but if I remember correctly you have to create the subaccount and then go back in and enable POP access for that subaccount.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Can I set sub-account as pop3

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 23, 2012 7:25:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's been a while since I've done it, but if I remember correctly you have to create the subaccount and then go back in and enable POP access for that subaccount.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can I set sub-account as pop3

2 of 5 (3,623 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2012 10:11:33 AM
(0)
Mentor
First you have to create the sub account and once you do that you can create POP3
First you have to create the sub account and once you do that you can create POP3

3 of 5 (2,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2012 12:47:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
It turned out the problem was with Apple's Mail client. It will only set up imap accounts. There is an undocumented workaround (option+continue) during setup.
It turned out the problem was with Apple's Mail client. It will only set up imap accounts. There is an undocumented workaround (option+continue) during setup.

4 of 5 (2,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2012 6:21:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

rjcchan wrote:

That figures, anything to remind you that you're not using a PC.:smileywink:

neon_sign.jpg

rjcchan wrote:

That figures, anything to remind you that you're not using a PC.:smileywink:

neon_sign.jpg

5 of 5 (2,851 Views)