Protect yourself online
ChrisThomps's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 1:43 AM

Bellsouth email deactivated

I have a a number of bellsouth email accounts and one was hacked yesterday. The system locked it down and I have been unable to reset the password. Calling only gets me more frustrated. We still have at cell phones but since we moved and att doesn't support our area, we no longer have a DSL account. Please help. We use this account for everything and have a huge amount of saved emails in there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same thing happened here. My wife's email got hacked and I found it out when I got an email from my sister forwarding to me one of those bogus claims for money needing to be wirted to Phillippines for lost cash and credit cards blah blah blah. When I went in last night to help my wife by resetting her password, when we got to the part about security questions it said her email was now inactive.

I'm not sure of it would be better to try and reactivate it----after all, it has been hacked and who knows what would happen if we got it back, on the other hand she has had it for years, has business cards with that number on it, etc. and we would like to get it back. The last email she got to her accouont she could see was from ATT warning her that her account had been compromised and that her emails were now being forward to another email the first part of which was exactly the same as her bellsouth email, only now it had an outlook.com suffix.

very strange. what is going on here? we'd like a solution/suggestion.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.