Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jan 24, 2013
5:32:59 PM
View profile
Alternative Internet Service?

Why is ATT Internet service so spotty? I'm dropped often. Is there another provider or service that you would recommend?

Why is ATT Internet service so spotty? I'm dropped often. Is there another provider or service that you would recommend?

Accepted Solution

Alternative Internet Service?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 25, 2013 10:10:33 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:56:41 PM

jas1234567 wrote:

jas1234567,

Welcome to the forum ! What kind of DSL issues are you having, slow speeds or complete loss of service? I have included a few links below, the first is through ATT customer support self help where you can choose to test and troubleshoot your DSL. The second link I have included is to test your internet speed and the third a link for sending a private message to our ATTCustomer care team if your still having spotty service. When sending a private message please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time you can be contacted. Please allow up to 48hrs for a team member to contact you.

DSL troubleshoot

DSL Speedtest

Private Message

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

jas1234567 wrote:

jas1234567,

Welcome to the forum ! What kind of DSL issues are you having, slow speeds or complete loss of service? I have included a few links below, the first is through ATT customer support self help where you can choose to test and troubleshoot your DSL. The second link I have included is to test your internet speed and the third a link for sending a private message to our ATTCustomer care team if your still having spotty service. When sending a private message please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time you can be contacted. Please allow up to 48hrs for a team member to contact you.

DSL troubleshoot

DSL Speedtest

Private Message

James

Re: Alternative Internet Service?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,262 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2013 8:57:45 PM
(0)
Professor
I never had issues when I had DSL through both a Dry Loop & phone service, or even through UVerse. If you are having dropping issues, can you post the info from your modem stat screen. Also there should be a technecian screen showing more info than the normal customer screen.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
I never had issues when I had DSL through both a Dry Loop & phone service, or even through UVerse. If you are having dropping issues, can you post the info from your modem stat screen. Also there should be a technecian screen showing more info than the normal customer screen.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Alternative Internet Service?

3 of 3 (1,248 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments