For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
jktigger63's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2013 4:17 PM

Closed

Locked out of email / Account compromised?

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Same here and when I asked for a temp to be "sent" I thought they'd email it an it automatically answered "Your temp password is being sent via UPS" that was a week ago and have yet to get it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I've been locked out for over a week now, when I asked for a temp password it said "a temp password is being sent via UPS" I think it's a hack job and I can't get thru to speak to anyone either they put me on automated hold then when it connects to a live person they say "I am going to hang up on you if you don't respond, as if they've been on the line with me for some time, which has been about 1 second and then they hang up.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

The exact thing has happened to me too - including having my yahoo.com acocunt for 15+ years. We have been loyal att customers for 11+ years, but recently sold our house so are in transition at the moment. I now, no longer have access to my yahoo email account. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my yahoo account being merged with my sbcglobal.net address (which I really never wanted, but it was done anyway).

I sent a PM to the link on this thread. Please, please help me! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

On Friday March 20th I recieved an email from att invalidating the passwords on my prime and sub email acccounts. I was able to reset the password on the prime account but have been locked out of the sub account. How do get this account unlocked and a temporary password? ATT transfers me to Frontier every time I call. This is not Frontiers doing or a problem that they can solve.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My account was made inactive. I need to re-activate or import saved email to newly created account. How? Thanks in advance.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been locked out of my Bellsouth.net email. I received messages this morning that an email, which I never attempted to send, was undeliverable. I changed my password thinking my email had been hacked. This afternoon I attempted to check my email and received the message that my password was incorrect. When I attempt to access my password it says my account is inactive. I don't know how to correct the issue. I am expecting several important email that I need access to ASAP. How do I deactivate my email account?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I cannot remember answers to one security question and now my att email account is locked and because I do not have att for tv, telephone or internet, there seems to be no help out there to  re-set my password.  

Does anyone know how to unlock your att.net e-mail account?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Help! How can I reactivate my att.net email.  It was set to inactive.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

For some reason I have been locked out of my free ATT email Im getting a message that my account is inactiveinactive. Can someone help?

Observer

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was one of the old Bellsouth emails, we did have bellosuth as our phone providers, we had the same email fo r11 years, one day it locked us out, we did talk to a human last year who told us to wait several months then try to reenter the account as it still exist, but the security codes we did have no longer are valid and you cannot speak to a human to change them and reenter the account-can anyone help- 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.